February 18, 2020 at 12:21 pm #2311Jason KaczmarekParticipant
Let’s be honest, accounts receivable, journal entries, and reconciliation is not everyone’s cup of tea. But for some of us, that’s exhilarating stuff and brings joy to go through the numbers again and make sure they all tie out. If your friends describe you as being “uber organized” and having an eagle’s eye for detail, then it’s your lucky day. WE want YOU!
The Village of Menomonee Falls, one of Wisconsin’s most prominent villages, is seeking a finance professional to join our team in the role of Accounting Clerk.
This role promises variety of work duties, a great team culture, the stability of a well-run village, consistent hours of 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday-Friday, and the Wisconsin Retirement System’s highly acclaimed Retirement, Disability and other benefit programs!
Your role as the Accounting Clerk is vital to maintaining the strong financial health of the Village. You will be expected to own assigned processes and have the ability to drive business process improvements to drive efficiencies as needed. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, you will have the opportunity to engage in every aspect of our Finance Department.
What You Will be Doing
• Accounts Receivable Billing
• Accounts Payable (only when extra help is needed)
• Accounting for special assessments
• Compiling liability reports for property closings
• Journal entry preparation and posting
• Fixed asset tracking/auditing
• Financial analysis and reconciliation
• Other duties as assigned
You’re Good At
• Being highly organized
• Managing multiple projects at once
• Process improvement and process documentation
• Positive attitude
• High degree of integrity
Required or Preferred
• Associates Degree from an accredited institution with coursework in Accounting
• Previous experience in governmental accounting/auditing preferred
• Overall MS Office suite experience required
• Required experience in MS Excel that includes data analysis and is comfortable
• Must be a bondable individual
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Flexible Benefit Plans-Health Care and Dependent Day Care Accounts
• Sick Leave
• Retirement Contributions
• Paid Holidays
• Basic Life Insurance
$45,000 to $49,000 annually (depending on qualifications)
Village of Menomonee Falls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act, the Village will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Your Next Step
All candidates interested in this position should obtain and complete an application. Applications are available on our website at http://www.menomonee-falls.org or at the Village of Menomonee Falls Municipal Building at W156N8480 Pilgrim Road. Completed applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (262) 532-4249.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.