June 30, 2023 at 5:10 pm #3283Bobbi JohnsonParticipant
Vernon County, WI currently has an opening in the Finance Department for an Accounting Specialist II
This position is responsible for processing accounts payable, accounts receivable,
reconciliations, and various other clerical tasks. The position assists with the annual
budgeting process, payroll, report creation, and ordering office supplies; along with other special projects and/or duties as assigned. The employee works under the guidance and administrative direction of the Finance Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Review, enter and process accounts payable and account receivable invoices weekly.
• Acts as the primary purchasing card administrator for the County.
• Reviews, enters, and assists with bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly payroll processes
• Enters, reviews and posts general ledger and payroll journals as directed.
• Enters internal transfers entries received from departments.
• Reconcile various balance sheet accounts.
• Operates varied office machines.
• Ability to set priorities, arrange, coordinate, and plan work schedules while
demonstrating strong organizational skills and accuracy of assigned financial functions.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn County government, organization, and procedures.
• Assists Finance Director in preparing a variety of reports and keeping electronic
records and files up to date.
• Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
• Assists in compiling items and reports for the Finance Committee and attends Finance
Committee meetings monthly or as needed to create meeting minutes.
• Assist with various financial or special projects as needed.
• Assists in developing forms as needed for reporting, copying documents, completes
surveys, lists and other general inquiries.
• Ability to work with confidential records and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work in a pleasant and understanding manner with the public, newspaper
representatives, consultants, vendors, county officials, co-workers, etc. and maintain
good working relationships.
• Ability to perform tasks while being subject to frequent interruptions, with ability to
carry out complex oral and written instructions.
• Participate in cross training of all financial functions for the various positions
within the Finance department.
• Adhere to General Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting
Standards Board regulations.
Education and Training Requirements
• Preferred candidate should have an associate degree in accounting, finance or business
administration, or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or
• Requires intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office suites and a
preference in the use of automated accounting or bookkeeping software.
• In evaluating candidates for this position, the County may consider a combination of
education, experience and training that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and
abilities to perform the duties of the position.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation with adequate auto
insurance to meet minimum County requirements, or access to reliable transportation.
Please visit http://www.vernoncounty.org for an application and to view employee benefit and wage scale summaries.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.