- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Stephanie Hall.
March 9, 2023 at 3:08 pm #3158Stephanie HallParticipant
The Village of Greendale is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our team at Village Hall. The person in this position is responsible for courteously greeting and handling telephone callers and over-the-counter visitors to the Village Hall. Beyond assisting the visitors and callers, the person in this position will primarily spend 50% of their time assisting the Director of Inspection Services with processing permits and scheduling inspections and the remaining 50% of their time assisting the Finance Director/Treasurer with utility billing.
SHIFT/HOURS: 40 hours per week, during regular business hours Monday – Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm.
SELECTION GUIDELINES: Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. All applicants may be required to submit to medical examination prior to hiring, consistent with the requirements of the position. Background check of local, state or federal authorities will be conducted for all applicants. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. This is an “at will” position, and no language found in this posting should be interpreted in any way to create an employment contract of any type.
The Village of Greendale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Village will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The Village of Greendale does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, political affiliation, or the presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other non-merit factor.
Minority applicants and Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
The Administrative Assistant must have appropriate knowledge and skills to perform the following duties:
– Provide information regarding various forms of inquiries: telephone, over-the-counter
and written requests.
– Performs general administrative duties such as typing, filing, word processing,
spreadsheets, and data entry and data retrieval.
– Process receipts from the public and Village Departments, including tax and water
– Maintains the building permit records and database, and other periodic reports and
– Responsible for permit application intake process and the coordination of inspections in
the Inspection Services Department.
– Maintenance of utility customer account records.
– Provides assistance with the utility billing process.
– Maintain courteous and professional attitude in handling of citizens.
– Maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff and departments.
– Maintains prompt, predictable, and regular physical attendance.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Education, Experience and Requirements:
– High school diploma or G.E.D.
– Must be at least 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States and possess a valid
Wisconsin Driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
– Two or more years of clerical experience.
– Cash Management and cashier operation experience
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and their applications.
– Previous municipal experience preferred.
– General knowledge of utility billing preferred.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Effective communication, oral and written – accuracy is essential.
– Ability to manage time well, be highly organized and plan work assignments effectively
to maintain a smooth flow of record keeping and information processing.
– Knowledge and ability to work with software related to accomplishing the accounting
functions, including spreadsheets and various computer applications.
– Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Ability to perform arithmetic computations accurately and quickly.
– Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
– Capable of dealing with the public in a pleasant manner.
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from citizens.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and
courteous working relationships with the public, peers and supervisors.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate various pieces of office equipment.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
– Stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
– Climb, balance, bend, twist and reach.
– Feel, talk and hear (normal range in normal office environment, corrected or
– Lift, carry, push/pull up to 25 pounds.
– Work under time pressures such as frequent “rush” jobs, urgent deadlines, etc.
– Work under distractions such as telephone calls and other disturbances.
– Perform repetitive activities (calculating, keyboarding, writing).
Work is performed in an office setting. Employee is occasionally required to encounter unpleasant social situations (dealing with irate or distraught individuals).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.