June 7, 2023 at 3:14 pm #3262Carrie WinklbauerParticipant
The City of West Bend has an Assistant Finance Director position available. The ideal candidate will oversee the daily operations of the Finance Department by providing supervisory and administrative support to the Finance Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervisory duties providing direction, reviewing the work of others, and delegation of workload within department; Monitor accounts receivables, accounts payable, cash receipts, and payroll. Must have the ability to direct, supervise, train, coordinate and evaluate personnel.
* Prints Accounts Payable and Payroll Checks and/or Advices.
* Prepares and submits check requests.
* Reviews and authorizes journal entries.
* Approves and sets up bank wire transfers.
* Posts monthly, annual and as needed, budget appropriations and transfers.
* Processes monthly financial close and annual financial year-end close.
* Reconciles bonds for arbitrage reporting annually.
* Assists other departments with reporting and/or accounting issues.
* Assists with the annual Operating Budget; Yearly preparation, reconciliation, correction and guidance to departments. Attend Budget meetings with City Administrator, Finance Director, and each respective department to review and discuss budget.
* Creates and enters next year budgets in financial software; Annual and Multi-year funds – Operating, TIF, and Capital Budgets.
* Prepares annual TIF Financial Reporting for the Joint Review Board, appropriates taxing entities, and information for annual TIF Reporting.
* Creates and maintains setting up new funds, general ledger accounts and associated segments.
* Reconciles and completes tax collection settlements.
* Assists in providing financial reports in preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR).
* Tax collection oversight including receipting and letters to tax payers regarding problematic payments.
* Prepares for and assists with annual audits; reporting, reconciling, document preparation and review of internal controls.
* Prepares and maintains specialized reports and spreadsheets for tracking, audit and reconciliation purposes.
* Monitors all City grants; communicates with department heads regarding grant status, organization of applicable documentation, and single audit status consideration.
* Performs duties of Finance Director in his/her absence.
* Performs duties of the Account Technician II in his/her absence.
* Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Training and Experience Required:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required and three to five years government accounting or financial management and supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge about technology related to financial software applications, MUNIS and Excel, which will enhance the operation of the department.
The Salary for this position is $68,803.49. Qualified applications will be accepted until the position is filled. An application is required and available at our website by clicking on this link:
City of West Bend
1115 S. Main St
West Bend, WI 53095
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.