June 18, 2020 at 9:40 pm #2353Misty DodgeModerator
Director of Financial Services – Barrington, IL (10,327), the hub of the 90-square mile Barrington area, is a beautiful, historic suburb 40 miles northwest of Chicago. Barrington’s residents pride themselves in the Village’s distinct heritage as a quality community surrounded by seven other independent villages and 43,000 residents. With a commuter rail stop in the heart of town, Barrington has easy access to the Chicago loop. Barrington’s tree-lined streets and appealing Village center make this community an enviable place to live, work and play.
The Director of Financial Services is a key member of the Village’s management team in a financially stable organization, and reports to the Village Manager. The Village maintains a AA1 bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services, and has earned multiple Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Awards for financial reporting and budgeting.
The Village is seeking a technically skilled and collaborative Director to lead the Department of Financial Services. The Department includes six employees and is responsible for maintaining the Village’s financial assets, utility billing, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, purchasing, and investments. Financial Services is also responsible for risk management and HR, as well as preparing the annual operating budget and the CAFR. The Director of Financial Services also serves as the Village Treasurer and additionally functions as the Treasurer for the Village’s Police and Fire pension funds. In concert with the Village Manager, the Director develops and manages a general fund budget of more than $16 million and combined budgets of about $34 million.
The Village is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a record of leadership, problem solving and decisiveness;
• Have a desire to work collaboratively with other Village departments in the delivery of Village services; and
• Be comfortable in conveying financial data in an understandable and transparent fashion.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or public administration or closely related field; a Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred, but not required;
• At least seven years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting; and
• At least two years of supervisory experience.
Starting salary: $130,000 – $135,000 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits. Candidates should apply by July 24, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The Village of Barrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.