June 23, 2021 at 11:15 am #2590Maureen BarryParticipant
Chicago, IL – Metra is a nationally recognized commuter rail system serving the City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs. The system operates 242 stations on 11 rail lines and is the fourth busiest commuter rail system in the United States. In 2019, Metra had more than 74 million passenger trips and its 2021 operating and capital budget is $1.87 billion. Metra is seeking a skilled, experienced financial professional to serve as its next CFO. Reporting directly to the CEO/Executive Director, this position provides executive leadership over all accounting, finance, budget operations, contract management, and special projects.
• The CFO provides executive level leadership over the Accounting, Budget Management, Analysis and Contracts, Treasury and Grants Management Divisions. The CFO has five direct reports and 119 indirect reports. All positions are full-time. The CFO directs the development and administration of all financial operations and the Purchase of Service contracts, ensuring these functions perform efficiently and effectively.
• The CFO regularly presents financial reports to the Metra Board and must be adept at public oral presentations to board members, other governmental agencies, and various stakeholders.
• Metra is a large, complex organization consisting of more than 2,800 employees of which approximately 2,200 are represented by 17 collective bargaining agreements in 14 unions. Metra has a diverse workforce and is committed to diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Like many agencies, Metra also has an aging workforce, with 21% of its workforce eligible to retire by 2023.
• The CFO will lead innovation, identify key performance indicators, track performance, and recommend changes to ensure continuous improvement in the areas under the CFO’s direction.
• Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field. A master’s degree is preferred. In addition, candidates will ideally possess 15 years managerial experience in financial operations in transit, local government, or related industry.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate innovative and creative problem-solving skills that include incorporating data and relevant metrics into decision making processes. Collaborative leadership skills with the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships both internally and externally are a must.
Starting salary range is $200,000 – $215,000 +/- depending on qualifications and experience. Metra offers an excellent benefits package including pensions, and 401k/457 deferred compensation options. Residency in the City of Chicago is not required. Position is open until filled with first review of resumes on June 30, 2021.
Submit resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Heidi Voorhees, President, and Maureen Barry, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240.
Metra is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.