January 27, 2020 at 12:29 pm #2297Misty DodgeModerator
City of Collinsville, Illinois
Chief Financial Officer
Collinsville, IL (pop. 25,838). The City of Collinsville is seeking an energetic, innovative and motivated individual to join its dynamic and talented executive team as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The City of Collinsville is a full-service municipality located 12 miles east of St. Louis. Its residents enjoy the lifestyle of a safe, affordable and family-oriented community while being just minutes away from the urban amenities of a world class metropolitan area. Collinsville is known for its midwestern charm, its outstanding schools, its beautiful park system and its thriving local economy.
The City of Collinsville is a home-rule municipality that operates under the Council-Manager form of government. As such, the CFO reports directly to the City Manager. The City has a $57.4 million annual budget for the FY2020-21 fiscal year. The City’s enviable financial condition is evidenced by its Aa3 rating by Moody’s Investor Services. The Mayor and City Council highly value the work of the City Manager and his senior management team.
The Collinsville Finance Department consists of 12 full-time staff including an Assistant CFO and an Accounting Manager. The Finance Department has a $1.4 million annual operating budget and is responsible for all traditional financial accounting services including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and utility billing. In addition, the Finance Department generates all financial reports, performs cash management duties, oversees compliance of federal and state regulations, prepares the City’s annual budget, manages investments, monitors grant compliance, etc.
The CFO is an integral part of the executive management team. He/she will participate in key decisions regarding budget development, administration, economic development, capital planning, and all policies affecting the overall fiscal health of the City.
The following are key attributes that the City is seeking in its new CFO:
• Strong accounting and financial management skills along with the ability to provide strategic guidance to the City Manager and to the elected officials.
• Some direct experience in municipal and/or county financial management will be preferred.
• A passion for public service and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, complex financial concepts and strategies in a manner that can be readily understood by individuals with little background in municipal finance.
• A forward-looking perspective, constantly scanning the horizon to anticipate future problems while formulating potential solutions.
• A strategic and entrepreneurial mindset with a demonstrated willingness to pursue new and creative methods that result in improved efficiency and enhanced customer service.
• A respected leader and strong supervisor that will encourage and nurture staff growth and development, while ensuring a high standard of performance by all department staff.
The most attractive candidates for this position will possess the following minimum qualifications:
• At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible financial management experience. Some direct experience in municipal and/or county financial management is preferred.
• A BA degree in accounting, finance, public administration or some other related field. An MA degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration or some other related field is preferred. A CPA designation is highly desirable.
The starting salary range for this position is $95,000 to $115,000 DOQ/E. The City also offers an outstanding fringe benefits package including health insurance for the employee that is 100% paid by the City. A relocation package will also be provided. Residency within the corporate limits of Collinsville is preferred but not required. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates should apply electronically no later than February 28, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five (5) professional references to http://www.GovHRJobs.com to the attention of Mark R. Peterson, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #130 Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240. Please direct all inquiries about the position, the community or the recruitment process to Mr. Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (309) 825-5091.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.