The City of Menasha (pop. 17,442) invites applications for the Finance Manager position.
About the Position: The Finance Manager is responsible for the areas of security and maintenance of the general ledger multi-fund accounting systems; See http://www.cityofmenasha-wi.gov, for a full job description and to apply.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, preferably governmental accounting, or a closely related field; at least 4-6 years of experience in accounting, or a combination of training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Considerably knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements to maintain the general ledger accounting system.
• Knowledge of electronic data processing systems, related software functions and standard clerical techniques as applied to the maintenance of the City’s finance records.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations related to municipal reporting, budgeting, and finance.
• Ability to maintain accurate financial records and compile related reports with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, to maintain effective employee relations, respond to inquiries and prepare financial and other administrative reports.
Salary: $64,278-$78,403 and attractive benefits.
How to Apply: Please visit the city’s website at http://www.cityofmenasha-wi.gov, click on “Employment Opportunities” and apply through the job listing OR you may find the job on governmentjobs.com.