October 22, 2019 at 10:07 am #2243
The City of Neenah Finance Department is looking for a detail oriented, organized, and citizen focused person to work as a full time Assistant Treasurer.
• Supervise the processing and balance payments for property taxes, utility bills, parking citations, pet licenses, fire permits, etc. in accordance with City policies and procedures.
• Daily reconciling of cash receipts, tax reports along with monthly journal entries and reconciling of bank statements and general ledger accounts.
• Coordinate all aspects of property tax collection and tax settlement process.
• Provide supervision, direction and oversight of daily duties and issues within the treasury function.
• Coordinate and maintain electronic payment processing
• Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance, and advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five years accounting/finance experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Excellent mathematical aptitude and advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Experience in a government or public accounting environment
• Understanding of computer–based government fund accounting
• Supervisory experience
• Wisconsin Municipal Treasurer Institute Certificate
Pay & Benefits:
Salary range is $54,015 – $77,591. Starting salary will be determined based on the successful candidate’s qualifications. Starting salaries above the midpoint of $65,481 require Common Council approval. The City offers participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System and a competitive benefits package. This is an exempt position under the FLSA not eligible for overtime pay.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please apply through our online application system, which can be found at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/neenahwi/default.cfm or through our website at http://www.ci.neenah.wi.us, click on employment. Applicants without computer access may apply at the Neenah Public Library via library computers.
Please attach both a cover letter and resume to your online application. Applications without both items will not be considered.
Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Neenah is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.