December 12, 2018 at 8:57 am #2034
Julie Beauchamp, CPAParticipant
CITY ACCOUNTANT POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The City of Shawano, Wisconsin invite applications for the position of Accountant.
Position Description: The position is responsible for providing accurate and timely financial support to the Finance Director and all City departments. Principal duties include: processing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, audit coordinating and general accounting for all City departments.
The Accountant reports to the City’s Finance Director and works closely with the City Clerk/ Treasurer. The person in this position plays a key role in the financial management of the city, responsible for precise financial analysis and record keeping that result in organized financial records, improved utilization of material and/or equipment, decreased liability, and improved public satisfaction.
Salary: $45,000 to $55,000 DOQ
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field strongly preferred with a minimum of five years’ experience in accounting also preferred. CMA or CPA certification and direct experience in municipal budgeting, utility accounting/finance and/or municipal fund accounting/finance are desired.
About Shawano: The City of Shawano is an attractive, growing community of 9,300 residents located in easy driving distance of Green Bay and Appleton. Located on the Wolf River, the city offers quick access to Shawano Lake and has over 300 acres of public parks. The City is actively involved in economic development initiatives with 8 TIF districts and industrial/business parks and a well-established downtown. In 2017 it was ranked as the 10th best site to start a business in Wisconsin. The City prides itself on its schools, parks, affordable housing, community participation, stable leadership, and all-round quality of life.
Organization: The City of Shawano offers a broad variety of services for the community, including 26 parks, a public library shared with Shawano County, and a strong economic development program. The city operates a mayor, council, administrator form of government that includes a part-time mayor and six alderpersons. The administrator is responsible for carrying out policy directives from the elected body. The City employs a team of 57 full-time staff members and 67 part-time employees and has adopted a 2019 all funds budget of $12,394,900.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, application, professional references, and salary history to: Lisa Bruette, Administrative Assistant, at 127 S. Sawyer Shawano Wisconsin 54166 or email to email@example.com. Application closing date: January 11, 2019.
Detailed Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field strongly preferred.
• CMA or CPA certification desired.
• 5 years’ government accounting experience is preferred.
• Project accounting experience is highly desired.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will also be considered
• Understanding of the theory, principles, practices and methods of governmental accounting including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) along with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) statements and pronouncements.
• Knowledge of modern principles and practices of governmental fiscal reporting, accounting methods and payroll procedures, budget preparation, debt administration and cash management.
• Ability to oversee and perform special accounting, audit processes and complex accounting tasks
• Ability to prepare and analyze reports, statements and correspondences clearly and comprehensively
• Knowledge of data processing capabilities as they apply to financial recordkeeping.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office products including word, excel, outlook and various database programs
• Capable of working with limited supervision and being self-motivated
• Ability to maintain organized and complete records
• Ability to apply advanced mathematics skills for material calculations
• Ability to meet and deal tactfully with the public and communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other City personnel and the public
A full job description and additional information can be found at http://www.cityofshawano.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.