December 12, 2018 at 8:54 am #2033
Julie Beauchamp, CPAParticipant
FINANCE DIRECTOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The City of Shawano, Wisconsin invite applications for the position of Finance Director.
Position Description: The position is responsible for the financial management, oversight, and reporting for all fiscal activities of the City of Shawano, and subsidiary funds. Principal duties include: oversight of the general ledger, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, debt administration, budget preparation, cash flow management, preparing the general ledger and financial statements for the annual financial audits, and preparing accurate regulatory reports, monthly financial statements, cash flow and performance reports.
The Finance Director is a key member of the City management team, supporting department heads with budget and financial expertise and providing monthly reports and presentations to the City Council as well as periodic interaction with City committees and commissions. The Finance Director supervises the city accountant and will engage daily senior management and elected/appointed officials.
Salary: $75,000 to $85,000
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and minimum of five years’ experience performing upper-level accounting and financial management/analysis, including at least two years of supervisory experience. CMA or CPA certification and direct experience in municipal budgeting, utility accounting/finance and/or municipal fund accounting/finance are desired.
About Shawano: The City of Shawano is an attractive, growing community of 9,300 residents located in easy driving distance of Green Bay and Appleton. Located on the Wolf River, the city offers quick access to Shawano Lake and has over 300 acres of public parks. The City is actively involved in economic development initiatives with 8 TIF districts and industrial/business parks and a well-established downtown. In 2017 it was ranked as the 10th best site to start a business in Wisconsin. The City prides itself on its schools, parks, affordable housing, community participation, stable leadership, and all-round quality of life.
Organization: The City of Shawano offers a broad variety of services for the community, including 26 parks, a public library shared with Shawano County, and a strong economic development program. The city operates a mayor, council, administrator form of government that includes a part-time mayor and six alderpersons. The administrator is responsible for carrying out policy directives from the elected body. The City employs a team of 57 full-time staff members and 67 part-time employees and has adopted a 2019 all funds budget of $12,394,900.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, application, professional references, and salary history to: Lisa Bruette, Administrative Assistant, at 127 S. Sawyer Shawano Wisconsin 54166 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closing date: January 11, 2019.
Detailed Position Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
• Documented involvement in professional organizations providing continuing education is expected.
• CMA or CPA certification is desirable.
• Five years’ experience performing upper-level accounting and financial management/analysis tasks, including at least two years of supervisory experience, is required.
• Direct experience in municipal budgeting, utility accounting/finance and/or municipal fund accounting/finance is highly desirable.
• Expert knowledge of monthly and annual accounting and financial reporting cycles.
• Expert knowledge of general ledger activities, account reconciliation and financial statement preparation.
• Ability to develop expert knowledge of utility and municipal budget, finance, reporting and compliance.
• Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and the appropriate safety precautions.
• Demonstrated ability to create, modify and manipulate complex financial spreadsheets to track, model and analyze data.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical skills common in financial management and forecasting.
• Ability to lead and complete advanced financial and office automation projects.
• Ability to operate and troubleshoot specialized financial software and office equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with customers/public, co-workers, elected/appointed officials, regulatory authorities and industry peers.
• Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with utility customers/public, coworkers, municipal officials and regulators under difficult and sometimes confrontational circumstances.
• Ability to apply sound logic, reason and good judgment in making management decisions and financial recommendations to co-workers and policy makers.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
A full job description and additional information can be found at http://www.cityofshawano.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.