Tagged: Director of Finance
October 7, 2021 at 2:09 pm #2668Maureen BarryParticipant
Burnsville, MN (pop. 61,203) Dynamic, diverse community located in the Minneapolis-St. Paul MSA seeks an innovative, collaborative and visionary leader for its next Director of Finance. Located at the intersection of I-35W and I-35E, Burnsville is a gateway to the Twin Cities offering diverse housing, excellent schools and outstanding recreational amenities that serve as regional attractions.
The Finance Director reports to the Deputy City Manager who oversees Organizational Services, a team of 36 employees working in Finance, HR, IT, Communications, and the City Clerk’s office to create great experiences in the organization and community.
The Finance Director oversees a staff of nine and is responsible for the full range of financial services, including budget, accounting, audit, accounts payable and receivable, investments and capital planning. Burnsville has a $45 million general fund budget, with all funds totaling $100 million. The city maintains a AAA bond rating.
Burnsville is a full-service city including police, fire, public works, community development, finance, human resources and parks and recreation. Burnsville employs approximately 290 staff in full and part time and 200 people in seasonal positions. The City has five unions representing public works, police and fire groups.
The City is committed to developing and maintaining a welcoming and inclusive work culture that values and invests in its employees.
The following education, experience, leadership and management criteria have been identified by the City of Burnsville as important skills and abilities for the successful candidate to possess.
* A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or closely related field.
* Five years of progressively responsible leadership in accounting or finance.
* Three years of leadership experience in a public, municipal, or equivalent setting.
* A Master’s degree is desirable.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be:
* A skilled financial manager well versed in the nuances of public finance, including the use of incentives to facilitate economic development.
* A welcoming and inclusive manager, able to build trust and develop partnerships to facilitate communication, collaboration and cooperation.
* An excellent and open communicator, skilled at communicating complex financial information across all levels of an organization.
* An innovative and strategic manager, able to establish and communicate a vision across the department and build the team.
* A willing partner with the city’s council, senior leadership team and department directors to proactively find solutions that will allow for a high level of service across the organization.
The City of Burnsville offers a progressive and collaborative culture. Individuals must be committed to a leading-edge approach to problem solving and service delivery.
The starting salary range is $117,671- $146,756 DOQ, with a comprehensive benefits package, including the opportunity to work a partially remote schedule.
Candidates should apply by November 12, 2021 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Charlene Stevens, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. Anticipated start date for the successful candidate is expected in January of 2022. The City of Burnsville, MN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.