- This topic is empty.
February 5, 2020 at 10:37 am #2301Norbert KirkParticipant
EAU CLAIRE COUNTY
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department PAY GRADE: O
REPORTS TO: Sr. Accounting Manager EEO CATEGORY: Professionals
FLSA STATUS: Exempt EFFECTIVE DATE: 2018
Assists the Sr. Accounting manager with financial management and required financial reporting functions for the Finance Department, including but not limited to budgeting, reporting, financial analysis and detailed support of the general ledger accounts. The work involves detailed financial analysis and interpretation of financial transactions recorded in multiple funds, along with support for the monthly/quarterly financial reporting and annual external audit. In addition, this position will provide backup support for payroll processing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Illustrative only):
• Assist in preparation of account reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts, including but not limited to cash, payroll liabilities, and fund balance.
• Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting analysis.
• Oversee, analyze and report Capital Project Fund activity as well as assist in Capital Project forecasting.
• Oversee, analyze and report other specialized fund activities as assigned.
• Prepare and maintain fixed asset reporting schedules, as well as provide external audit support for fixed asset activity.
• Perform general accounting procedures and provide support for financial policies.
• Provide professional support in fiscal matters to other county departments.
• Provide back-up support for Purchasing related activities when required.
• Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
• Provide backup support for the processing of payroll and related support.
• Assist as a technical resource to Human Resources and other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems, and to provide accurate, meaningful and timely analysis of payroll information.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Sedentary with occasional walking or standing in a general office setting
• Minimal presence of hazards
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Considerable knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and auditing, including GASB and GAAP standards, and methods in their application to government accounting systems
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and accounting practices and procedures to facilitate internal and external reporting.
• General knowledge of principles governing payroll administration
• Ability to obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Ability to perform detailed work accurately within stringent time limits with minimal supervision
• Ability to prepare and maintain complex and accurate financial documents and reports
• Ability to prepare effective and meaningful reports and business correspondence.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees and vendors.
• Demonstration of professional initiative and drive
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
• Three (3) years of previous accounting experience.
• Extensive experience utilizing Microsoft Excel.
• Proficiency in personal computer use in a windows environment with general Microsoft Office software
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Appointment will be conditional upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check
• Previous experience in governmental accounting.
• Experience in payroll accounting methods and administration of timecard entry systems.
Interested applicants should apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/eauclaire
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.