April 9, 2021 at 9:03 am #2519Misty DodgeModerator
Job Title: Financial Specialist – MA Track
Department: WI Team
Reports To: Principal, WI Team
Ehlers is an independent advisory firm founded in 1955, providing financial solutions to public sector clients across 5 states with offices in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Colorado. We are a 100% employee-owned firm (ESOP) comprised of advisors, specialists, project managers, analysts and support staff, all committed to a shared mission of helping our clients build outstanding places to live, work, learn and play. Our Wisconsin team is currently seeking a Financial Specialist.
To assist Municipal Advisors with preparation of work products for public-sector clients related to debt financing, economic development, and financial planning. A focus for this position will be providing analytical support to Municipal Advisors in the development of water, sanitary sewer, and storm water utility system user rates and charges. This work will also include preparation of utility long range financial studies and assisting clients with applications for various loan programs. This position is on the Municipal Advisor (MA) Track with an objective to build a base of knowledge needed to be successful in the MA role.
Essential Job Functions:
• Support Municipal Advisors in developing public finance solutions for public sector clients such as cities, villages, towns, and special districts.
• Research sources and types of financing, analyze financial and economic data, prepare computer planning models, and understand the implications of applying alternatives.
• Assist Municipal Advisors with a variety of financial and management studies related to water and wastewater utility financial planning, customer billing data analysis, demand forecasting, revenue requirements, cost of service studies, capital recovery fees, rate and fee design, and financial feasibility studies.
• Assist Municipal Advisors with preparing long term financial plans by gathering background data, analyzing financial information, benchmarking district operations, and preparing forecasts and tax rate projections.
• Assist Municipal Advisors with structuring bond issues to meet the capital finance needs of clients, which includes, learning statutory criteria governing the structuring and issuance of debt, developing a working knowledge of federal regulations affecting tax exempt and taxable municipal debt and understanding market and rating considerations for issuing bonds.
• Assist colleagues in overseeing the bond sale process, which includes, reviewing official statements, ensuring necessary transcript procedures are accurate, deadlines are met and reviewing bond closing details.
• Attend client meetings with Ehlers staff, client governing bodies, and administrators.
• Attend on-going training/seminars as needed to keep current and knowledgeable on all aspects of the job.
• Perform other duties as required to fulfill the mission of the company.
• Perform stationary work 90% of the time using a computer and applicable office equipment
• Move about inside the office 10% of the time to access files, office equipment and communicate with colleagues.
• 10% travel required throughout WI to client locations to attend evening meetings, as requested.
• 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related, required.
• The ideal candidate will have exposure to the municipal finance industry through internships, coursework, or prior work experience.
Credentials, Licenses or Designations:
• Must obtain Series 50 (Municipal Advisor Representative) qualification within required timeline to allow for registration and licensure with the SEC and MSRB.
• Ability to analyze technical data and develop creative solutions.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills that create and maintain positive relationships with clients and other professionals.
• Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
• Able to work and actively contribute in a team environment to achieve individual, team, and company goals.
• Able to recognize issues and work with team to effectively solve problems.
• Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office and database programs.
• Exceptional attention to detail, care, and accuracy in completing tasks.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Seek continuous opportunities to market Ehlers services.
• Recognize and pursue opportunities for professional development.
Ehlers delivers an outstanding compensation package! Aside from the 100% employer contributed ESOP, we offer competitive wages, discretionary and goal-based performance bonuses, and two excellent health-care coverage plans. We also provide employees with employer-paid life insurance, life insurance options for spouses and children, dental insurance, and generous vacation and sick-time allowances. If you have a passion to learn and grow in our collaborative and team-oriented culture, we encourage you to apply now!
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.