July 12, 2023 at 5:46 pm #3287Misty DodgeModerator
Ehlers is an independent advisory firm founded in 1955, providing financial solutions to public sector clients across 5 states with offices in Minnesota and Wisconsin. We are a 100% employee-owned firm (ESOP) comprised of advisors, specialists, project managers, analysts and support staff, all committed to a shared mission of helping our clients build outstanding places to live, work, learn and play. We are currently seeking a Public Finance Analyst to join our team in our Roseville, MN or Waukesha, WI office.
Manage the execution of municipal debt issuance and tax increment documents to ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain all correspondence and documents related to debt issues pursuant to company and compliance filing procedures.
• Fulfill the disclosure responsibilities and activities identified in the Ehlers’ Business Practice Repository.
• Document Support:
a. Conduct research and analyze data for preparation of Official Statements and related supporting documents, including in-depth research of client’s outstanding debt.
b. Prepare closing reports based on final sales data, including final debt service payment schedules.
c. Serve as liaison between Municipal Advisors, clients, bond counsel and rating agencies, coordinating activities related to the debt issuance process.
d. Prepare requests for direct placements with local banks; leases; and state or federal loan programs, as applicable, and facilitate the completion of required closing documents.
• Tax Increment Support:
a. Collaborate with internal and external constituents to prepare tax increment financing plans and related supporting documents, including annual reports, timelines, and required legal documents, and support meeting attendance as required.
b. For all creations and amendments, coordinate with clients, law firms, local media, governing bodies, and the State to ensure legal documentation, notice requirements, timelines, approval and certification requirements are met.
c. Create and maintain projects in the database; track fees and invoicing; and track annual creation and modification statistics for marketing purposes.
• Train new employees on the document and tax increment financing processes, as needed.
• Responsible to attend on-going training as needed to keep current and knowledgeable on all aspects of the job.
• Perform other duties as required to fulfill the mission of the company.
• 4-year college degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related, required
• 0-2 years’ experience or exposure to the municipal bond industry, preferred
• Ability to fully understand the debt issuance and tax increment financing processes.
• Solid understanding of state, federal and jurisdictional requirements for all types of municipal financings for assigned issuers.
• Aptitude and desire to learn state, federal and jurisdictional requirements along with municipal bond industry information, required.
• Ability to analyze technical data and develop creative solutions.
• Perform basic math functions accurately.
• Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office and database programs.
• Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, care and accuracy in completing tasks.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills that create and maintain positive relationships with clients and other professionals.
• Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
• Prioritize tasks and organize work so that deadlines are met and essential work is completed.
• Perform stationary work 90% of the time using a computer and applicable office equipment
• Move about inside the office 10% of the time to access files, office equipment and communicate with colleagues
• 5% travel as needed to represent the company and department at seminars, client interviews, conferences, etc.
Ehlers delivers an outstanding compensation package! Aside from the 100% employer contributed ESOP, we offer competitive wages, discretionary and goal-based performance bonuses, and two excellent health-care coverage plans. We also provide employees with employer-paid life insurance, life insurance options for spouses and children, dental insurance, and generous vacation and sick-time allowances.
If you have a passion to learn and grow in our collaborative and team-oriented culture, we encourage you to apply now!
Ehlers is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.