- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Anonymous.
January 31, 2023 at 2:00 pm #3121AnonymousInactive
The City of Beaver Dam Finance Department is accepting applications for a full-time finance clerk/accountant. The primary job responsibilities include processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly bank reconciliation and journal entries. Previous experience preforming these roles is required. The hourly wage range is $23.00-$28.29 depending on qualifications and prior experience. Application forms and a detailed job description are available on our website http://www.cityofbeaverdam.com or in the Clerk’s Office at City Hall – 205 S Lincoln Avenue, Beaver Dam, WI 53916.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and should be returned to the Clerk’s Office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Beaver Dam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age and handicapped status in employment of provision of service.
Primary Job Elements:
• Responsible for the overall accounts payable process including data entry, issuing checks and processing annual 1099’s.
• Verify and investigate discrepancies by reconciling vendor accounts and statements.
• Prepare accounts receivable invoices and monthly statements.
• Create and maintain both accounts payable and receivable vendor records.
• Monitor past due accounts and facilitate collection process including the annual tax roll.
• Reconcile monthly bank statements, and credit card statements.
• Assist in the preparation of month end financial statements.
• Compile and report monthly sales tax to the Department of Revenue.
• Process payments for water utility bills, taxes, license fees, and miscellaneous accounts receivable.
• Balance cash drawers, import online payments and process department monthly deposits.
• Answer phones and inquiries from visitors at the counter.
Secondary Job Elements:
• Schedule water utility service orders and calculate final bills.
• Receive, distribute and process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Assist in the training of other department staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational and Job Experience Requirements:
• Two-year associate degree with emphasis in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in governmental accounting is preferred.
• Competent computer skills including working knowledge of electronic data processing and Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to apply and make decisions in accordance with laws, rules and regulations.
• Ability to prepare and analyze office records and reports; compile difficult and complex data.
• Ability to work accurately under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.