- This topic is empty.
May 4, 2020 at 6:09 pm #2342Misty DodgeModerator
CITY OF WAUKESHA, WISCONSIN
Finance Director – City of Waukesha, Wisconsin (72,173). An award-winning, growing, and historic community located west of Milwaukee, Waukesha has experienced considerable residential, commercial and employment growth. Nationally recognized as one of the “100 Best Places to Live” in the U.S., Waukesha’s downtown includes a thriving arts district, a popular farmers’ market, and a river walk. The City seeks highly-skilled public finance professionals with strong communication skills as candidates for its next Finance Director.
The Finance Director is a key member of the City’s management team in a financially stable organization, and reports to the City Administrator. The city maintains an AA2 bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services, and has earned the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Award for Financial Reporting.
The City is seeking a technically skilled and collaborative Director to lead the Finance Department and a variety of financial activities. The Finance Department include eight employees and performs complex work involving fiscal planning, internal audit and budgetary controls, and cost studies. In concert with the City Administrator, the Director develops and manages a general fund budget of approximately $70 million and a combined general fund and enterprise fund budget of approximately $93.2 million.
The City is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a record of leadership, problem solving and decisiveness;
• Possess a passion for public service; and
• Have a desire to work collaboratively with the finance team and other City departments in the delivery of City services.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or related field; a Master’s degree and/or CPA is ideal, but not required;
• At least seven years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting;
• Working knowledge of financial management/ERP systems; and
• Supervisory experience.
Starting salary (midpoint): $128,900 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits. Candidates should apply by June 5, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City of Waukesha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to Apply!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.