October 29, 2018 at 8:14 am #1968
The City of Sturgeon Bay invites applications for the Finance Director /Treasurer position. Search Re-opened.
About Sturgeon Bay The City of Sturgeon Bay (population 9,363) is the gateway to Door County as its county seat and largest city. It is well known for its full range of services, diverse economy, and high quality of life.
About the Finance Director Position
The Finance Director is a department head position responsible for the direction and coordination of all activities of the Finance Department for the City of Sturgeon Bay. The Director is responsible for determining major fiscal policies and providing leadership and direction in short and long-term financial strategies, financial reporting, and budget development and implementation. The Director manages and provides leadership to all departmental staff in maintaining appropriate internal control procedures and assurances that state and national standard accounting procedures are followed. This position is directly responsible for creating budget and capital improvement documents, maintaining tax rolls, and balancing accounts. Assignments are performed with considerable independence, particularly on the financial management aspects of all city operations. The City of Sturgeon Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A full position description is available on the City website at: http://www.sturgeonbaywi.org.
• Considerable knowledge of modern governmental accounting theory, principles, and practices, especially for municipal government;
• Considerable knowledge of internal control procedures and management information systems;
• Considerable knowledge of office automation and computerized financial applications;
• Considerable knowledge of public finance and fiscal planning, especially budget development and implementation;
• Considerable knowledge of payroll and accounts payable functions; working knowledge of budgetary, accounting and reporting systems, GAAFR, GAAP and GASB;
• Ability to prepare and analyze complex financial reports;
• Ability to maintain efficient and effective financial systems and procedures;
• Ability to effectively supervise staff; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, city officials; ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.
As a rule, these qualifications would be acquired by a combination of postsecondary education in accounting and finance, with a bachelor’s degree preferred, and several years’ experience in a responsible municipal finance and accounting position, preferably in a Wisconsin municipality. Management experience is preferred.
Salary: $72,000 to $85,000 DOQ.
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and professional references to Public Administration Associates, LLC, Attention: Stephen Hintz, PO Box 282, Oshkosh WI 54903 or email to: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2018.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.