- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Maureen Barry.
April 7, 2023 at 11:50 am #3189Maureen BarryParticipant
Village of Saukville, Wisconsin (4,247). A historic community settled by Europeans in the 1830s, and located 30 minutes north of Milwaukee, Saukville is today experiencing residential, commercial and employment growth. In the heart of desirable Ozaukee County offering a unique combination of urban and rural amenities, Saukville is a forward-thinking community focused on providing a high quality of life. The Village seeks a finance professional interested in the responsibility of the accounting and financial reporting of all Village operations, an individual who can be entrusted with the collecting, depositing, and investing of all Village funds.
The Finance Director/Treasurer is a key member of the Village’s management team in a financially stable organization and reports to the Village Administrator. The Village maintains an AA3 bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services.
The Village’s next Finance Director should be a technically skilled and collaborative professional capable of managing a variety of the Village’s financial activities. The Village offers the new Director a chance to reshape its budget and earn the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award. In concert with the Village Administrator, the Director develops and manages overall Village and utility budgets totaling more than $9.5 million. The new Director will join a team of 76 full and part-time dedicated Village employees.
The Village is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a confident fluency in accounting;
• Have the ability to problem-solve and make critical decisions;
• Have a desire to work cooperatively with the public; and
• Have a passion for teamwork and the ability to work collaboratively with all Village departments in the delivery of municipal services.
Candidates should also have:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field; and
• Two – three years of experience in accounting, with experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting ideal, or an equivalent combination of education and experience where additional work experience may substitute for up to two years of education; and the
• Ability to become a Certified Municipal Treasurer under Wisconsin Statutes.
The Village offers a starting salary of $85,000 – 95,000 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits including WRS and health insurance. Candidates should apply with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five work-related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA. Tel: 847-380-3240. The deadline to apply is May 3, 2023, yet open until filled. The review of resumes is on-ongoing. The Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.