June 25, 2021 at 12:21 pm #2598Maureen BarryParticipant
Village of Cottage Grove, Wisconsin (pop. 7,663). Strategically located just 15 minutes east of Madison and one hour west of Milwaukee, Cottage Grove combines the convenience and amenities of the greater Madison area with the independence and friendliness of a small town. Rapid population growth and development, combined with an enviable lifestyle amid beautiful settings and outdoor recreation options, make Cottage Grove an exciting professional and personal choice. The Village seeks skilled public finance professionals with strong communication skills as candidates for its next Finance Director.
The Finance Director is a key member of the Village’s management team in a financially stable organization, and reports to the Village Administrator. The Village maintains AA bond rating from S&P’s Global Ratings, and enjoys a healthy fund balance.
The Village seeks a technically skilled and team-oriented Director to lead the finance department in a variety of financial activities. The Village’s next Finance Director joins a collaborative administrative team; the Director helps sustain the village’s fiscal health and stability, and assures that the village achieves its financial objectives through solid fiscal planning, budgetary controls, and the maintenance of financial accounts and records. In concert with the Village Administrator, the Director develops and manages a general fund budget of approximately $5.5 million, and combined budgets of approximately $12 million.
The Village is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a record of responsiveness, problem solving and decisiveness;
• Possess a passion for public service; and
• Have a desire to work collaboratively with Village departments in the delivery of Village services.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or related field; a Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred, but not required;
• Three – five years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting; a combination of public and private sector finance experience is ideal; and
• Working knowledge of financial management/ERP systems.
Starting salary: $93,000 – $103,000 +/- DOQ, plus exceptional benefits.
Candidates should apply online at http://www.GovHRjobs.com by July 28, 2021 (Open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references, to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240 x103. The Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.