- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 months, 1 week ago by Maureen Barry.
March 20, 2023 at 12:08 pm #3168Maureen BarryParticipant
Dubuque, IA (59,667) Located along the Mississippi River bluffs at the junction where Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin meet, the region known as the Tri-State Area takes great pride in its slogan “Masterpiece on the Mississippi”. The city of Dubuque is the oldest city in Iowa and is the core of a metropolitan service area for seven surrounding counties. Dubuque is home to a diverse population of residents and is known as a center of manufacturing, with an economy that has grown rapidly and diversified.
The City is a full-service, ‘Aa3’ Moody’s rated council-manager local form of government, governed by a Mayor and six City Council members. A professional City Manager oversees nearly 30 department and division managers, who supervise more than 700 employees. The City’s FY2024 operating budget is approximately $172 million and the capital budget is approximately $86 million. The City’s strong credit ratings are a result of the City’s steadily growing tax base, healthy reserves, and strong revenue trends.
Appointed by and reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Manager (the “Manager”) is responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of the accounting and finance functions, and communication and coordination with other departments, the Budget Manager, and Chief Financial Officer regarding finances. Primary functions include audit planning and preparation, preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report, supervising accounting staff, managing accounting software, managing payments, and filing of all financial reporting information. The Manager works closely with the Budget/Financial Accounting Analysts to ensure appropriate funding and allocations are followed throughout the fiscal year and performs other duties as assigned. The Manager currently supervises three full-time accountants and three interns.
Minimum qualifications include:
• A minimum of five (5) years or more of experience in financial management.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
• At least two (2) years of experience in managing staff is preferred.
• Master’s Degree, CPFO or CPA designation is preferred.
• Preferred qualifications include direct involvement in preparing the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report, complemented by full responsibility for overseeing and managing the organization’s annual financial audit; and experience working with and supervising a diverse workforce.
The expected salary range is $97,323 – $127,088, depending on qualifications and experience. Residency within 30 miles of corporate limits is required as soon as practicable after appointment, but within two years. This is a hybrid full-time position with remote work capabilities of at least two days per week. A comprehensive benefits package includes participation in the Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS), health insurance, life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, optional 457 plan participation, and paid leave time, as well as tuition reimbursement.
Apply online immediately at http://www.GovHRjobs.com with a resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references. Position is open until filled with first reading of applications on April 7, 2023. Questions may be directed to Maureen Barry, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at 847-380-3240.
The City of Dubuque is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.