August 10, 2021 at 12:26 pm #2616Stephanie KirbyParticipant
Waukesha County Department of Administration is currently recruiting for a financial analyst position. The County prides itself on operating in a business-like manner and is recognized as a leader delivering high quality services with competence and skill. With our vision of “Leading the Way,” we value teamwork and collaboration, ethics and diversity, communication, efficiency and cost savings, innovation, and well-being of our staff and the citizens we serve. Employees are provided professional development opportunities and encouragement to learn and practice continuous improvement and LEAN principles as we regularly ask ourselves, “Is there a better way?”
Duties specific to this Department/Division include but are not limited to:
• Performs month-end reconciliation/statement development in collections.
• Assists in the development of the Department of Administration (DOA) budget, especially in the development of internal service funds and chargeback/cost recovery methods.
• Assists in the development of the Emergency Preparedness budget including development, presentation, monitoring, and any necessary year end actions.
• Assists in the development of responses to auditor requests for information in the compilation of annual financial reports.
• Performs account reconciliation and transaction research in the payroll/benefits, accounting, business services/collections and information technology areas of DOA.
• Assists in the review and design of internal controls as they apply to DOA divisions.
• Performs cashiering manager support for the Collections Division.
• Develops annual public safety billing for municipal partners.
• Assists in gathering financial information for grant reporting.
• Assists in the development of presentations to decision makers, including boards and committees.
• Under guidance, offers assistance in implementation of significant technology projects by participating in vendor selection process, system testing, and development of training for county staff.
• Assists with DOA administrative tasks which could include tasks such as making and paying for conference registrations or membership fees, assisting with annual updates of the Department business continuity plan, and acting as a point of contract to arrange Departmental functions such as fund raisers.
• Works collaboratively in the execution of special projects for DOA and its business partners and participate in formal/informal lean business process redesign.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, organizational, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Rewards & Recognition:
The 2021 starting salary range is $23.95/hr to $26.00/hr depending on qualifications (full range extends to $31.68/hr) coupled with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, generous paid time off, participation in the Wisconsin Retirement System, amongst many other benefits, employees are recognized and valued through a pay for performance system. The successful candidate will be eligible for performance based merit increases and non-base performance awards.
The position is closing at 10:00 am on 8/23/2021. To see the full job description and to apply for the position, please visit the County website at: https://www.waukeshacounty.gov/about/jobs/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.