March 26, 2019 at 8:03 am #2126
ASSISTANT FINANCE DIRECTOR
McHENRY COUNTY, ILLINOIS
Assistant Finance Director, McHenry County, Illinois (pop. 309,000). Located in northeastern Illinois within a short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, McHenry County is offering an exciting opportunity in one of Illinois’ premier places to live and work. McHenry County is recognized for its scenic beauty and outstanding recreational opportunities. The county seat, located in Woodstock, provides excellent cultural, recreational and educational amenities.
The Assistant Finance Director is a key part of the County’s financial team in a financially stable organization. The County maintains a AAA bond rating from Moody’s Investor Services, and has earned the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for several consecutive years.
The County is seeking a technically skilled and collaborative Assistant Finance Director to assist the Associate County Administrator in managing the finance division and a variety of financial activities. The County’s finance division, within the County Administrator’s Office, includes six employees and is responsible for accounting, budget development, financial reporting and investing. The County Administrator’s department develops and manages an overall County budget of about $216 million.
The County is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
• Have a record of problem solving and decisiveness;
• Possess a passion for public service; and
• Have a desire to work collaboratively with members of the finance team and with other departments on the delivery of county services.
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or related field; a Master’s degree and / or CPA is ideal;
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting;
• Experience with financial management/ERP systems;
• Supervisory experience.
The starting salary range is $90,000 – 100,000+/- DOQ. A competitive benefit package including membership in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund is offered.
Candidates should apply on line by April 29, 2019 with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. McHenry County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to Apply!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.