August 5, 2020 at 9:28 am #2364Misty DodgeModerator
Posting closes 8-24-20 @ 5:59pm
Department of Administrative Service
Office of Performance, Budget, & Strategy
Senior Budget & Management Analyst Budget & Management Analyst
$63,690 – $86,844 Annually $55,451 – $63,690 Annually
Serve as an experienced senior professional budget, management and fiscal policy analyst. Carry out analysis and recommendations on several major departmental budgets, complex public policy, fiscal and/or management analysis studies and budget administration. Analyze current and past budget and financial data to ensure fiscal goals and objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Budget Analysis Responsibilities. Analyze departmental annual budgets and funds to support operations of Milwaukee County.
• Budget Analysis Responsibilities. Assist in preparing County budgets.
• Budget Analysis Responsibilities. Prepare summarizations, comparative data, budget analysis sheets and related duties in conjunction with budget preparation and review.
• Budget Analysis Responsibilities. Assist in certain processes related to the analysis and production of the overall Milwaukee County budget, such as budget summarization, budget amendments, and budget format and automation.
• Budget Analysis Responsibilities. Review and analyze request for filing vacant positions, funder transfer, contingent fund allocations and other management and financial matters from selected departments and make recommendations regarding these requests. Prepare special reports and research items as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
Minimum Education & Years of Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Public Administration, Public Policy and/or Management or related field.
• Knowledge of all related computer and software applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets.
• Requires adaptability, a strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
• Familiar with or experience in public or private sector fiscal, accounting and policy analysis.
• Must be flexible and willing to assist or coordinate in a number of areas (legislative, administrative, purchasing, accounting, fiscal, collections, vendor relations, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos; Read and interpret safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; Write routine reports, correspondence, and speak effectively before both internal and external groups; Read, analyze, and interpret business manuals, technical procedures and/or government regulations; Read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents; Prepare and/or present written communications that pertain to controversial and complex topics.
Note: This Original Examination is open to current residents of the state of Wisconsin. In accordance with Rule III section 11 of the Civil Service Rules a non-competitive examination will be held for this position. The non-competitive examination will consist of a review of candidate materials, education and related experience.
Milwaukee County offers a comprehensive blend of benefits designed to make your life better both inside and outside of the workplace. Milwaukee County conducts job related criminal background checks and pre-employment screenings.
To apply, please use Milwaukee County’s Human Resources Website:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.