April 10, 2021 at 10:50 am #2520Jeremy LucasParticipant
Milwaukee County Parks is seeking and individual to manage the finance and purchasing functions. The position is within the Administration & Planning Division of Milwaukee County Parks and will oversee up to five employees.
Directs, coordinates, implements, and manages staff. Manages workload for financial transactions, budget creation, budget management and purchasing functions of the Parks department. Assists with the development of departmental fiscal policy and procedures to ensure long-term sustainability.
Position Type: Full-time, Salary
Compensation Range: $67,103 – $87,234/yr
Closing Date: April 15, 2021 @ 5:59pm CST, or upon the receipt of 50 application submissions.
Parks Equity Statement: Milwaukee County Parks is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse work force that is demographically and racially representative of Milwaukee County residents. Milwaukee County Parks leadership is committed to honoring diverse experiences, perspectives, and unique identities, while fostering work environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
· Personnel Management – Provides daily coaching and mentoring of finance staff to align job assignments and workloads toward short and long-term priorities. Coordinates personnel and division succession planning through hiring, workforce development and performance appraisals.
· Monitor and Control Finances – Prepares, analyzes, and reconciles reports. Investigates accounts for variances, forecasts revenues and expenditures, and advises department leadership on potential opportunities and challenges. Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting standards, county policy and statutory requirements.
· Develop Financial Tools – Coordinates the development of financial tools in conjunction with support from other county departments (if necessary) to assist staff with the management of budgets, resolution of account discrepancies and financial monitoring.
· Prepare Budgets – Assists with the development of annual departmental operating and capital budgets that align with statutory requirements, County and departmental vision; and supports the long-term sustainability of the organization.
· Perform Audits – Conducts random site audits for cash handling procedure verification and fraud management. Provides feedback and recommendations for policy revisions as necessary.
· Inventory & Cost of Goods Control – Coordinates departmental efforts to control, reconcile and properly account for the cost of goods sold and profit margins.
· Special Projects – Leads and participates in continuous improvement projects, departmental initiatives, or other related special projects.
· Ability to safely and properly operate: vehicles, computer, scanners, copiers and general office equipment.
· Ability to lift, carry, push and pull up to 20 lbs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, License/Certification and Experience
· Current residency within the State of Wisconsin required
· Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License required
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or closely related field required
· Five (5) years or more work experience in Accounting, Finance or Budget Management required
· Three (3) years or more work experience in a Supervisory or Management role required
· Advanced knowledge of all related computer and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word) required
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.