July 19, 2021 at 6:23 pm #2606Misty DodgeModerator
$87,567.16 – $114,000
EXCELLENT benefits package!
The Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (District) is a regional government agency that provides water reclamation and flood management services for about 1.1 million people in 28 communities in the greater Milwaukee area. The District’s mission protects public health and the environment through world-class, cost-effective water resource management, leadership, and partnership.
The District is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Accounting Supervisor in the Finance Division. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Supervisor will oversee and ensure the preparation, distribution, and reporting processes for payroll, the calculation of earnings, overtime, and deductions to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, and District policies. This position will ensure payments and government reports are disbursed timely and accurately. It will oversee and ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable in accordance with District policies and guidelines. The Accounting Supervisor will assist the Accounting Manager in developing and maintaining systems for financial accounting/reporting, procedure documentation, department training, and managerial decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prioritize, delegate, and schedule work of payroll staff and all payroll functions.
• Problem solve, troubleshoot, and evaluate solutions to be recommended to the Accounting Manager. Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Prioritize, delegate, and schedule work of accounts payable staff. Ensure all deadlines are met.
• Participate, understand, and learn Oracle financial system.
• Back-up to Supervisor of Revenue and Fixed Assets as needed.
• Maintain accounting skills and knowledge to ensure District is in compliance with any changes.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field with emphasis in accounting or management information systems
• Six to seven years of job-related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous managerial, supervisory, and leadership experience
• Extensive knowledge and ability to apply GASB and FASB pronouncements
• Experience in financial analysis
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong time management skills and detail-oriented skills
• Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Computer software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with District policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MMSD is committed to equal employment opportunity and to nondiscrimination in all aspects of the employment relationship.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.