Tagged: Finance Accounting Budget
November 4, 2021 at 12:56 pm #2696ByronParticipant
Performs various budget, purchasing, and system administration functions related to County-wide budget, accounting, and procurement processes.
1. Assist with preparation of County’s annual budget, including projections of salaries and fringe benefits, development of the three-year capital plan, and development of the County’s annual budget book.
2. Review and provide financial data to County Board committees, including information for fiscal notes on resolutions or ordinances.
3. Assist in creating agendas and minutes for the Finance and Human Resources Committee.
4. Assist in ensuring compliance with the Racine County Procurement ordinance.
5. Assist in preparing specifications for request for proposals and managing the bid process.
6. Proof contracts and purchase orders to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
7. Assist with the administration of the County’s Tyler Munis financial system.
8. Identify and implement continual process improvement to enhance department efficiency.
9. Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Receives general supervision from the Finance and Budget Manager.
• Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, or another related field.
• Requires two (2) years of progressively responsible accounting and/or finance experience.
• Strong computer skills required (MS Excel, Word, etc.).
• Budgeting experience preferred.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Governmental finance/accounting/audit experience preferred.
• Tyler Munis or other enterprise resource system experience preferred.
*Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of governmental budgeting processes.
• Knowledge of GASB pronouncements.
• Knowledge and previous exposure to Tyler Munis or similar ERP.
• Project management skills.
• Strong Excel and MS Office skills. MS Access skill a plus.
• Strong, team-oriented work style.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with elected officials, other employees, and the public.
Apply online at Racine County Job Opportunities-Finance Specialist
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.