- This topic is empty.
December 27, 2019 at 5:09 pm #2280Gwen ZimmerParticipant
Fiscal Operations Manager – Health and Human Services Department
$62,667.00 – $89,068.00 Annually
1717 TAYLOR AVENUE RACINE WI 53403, WI
1/10/2020 11:59 PM Central
To support the Fiscal Manager in completing the required accounting functions of the Human Services Department including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, filing of required State and Federal reports, the County’s annual single audit, and reconciliation of vendor audits.
1. Oversee purchasing functions for Behavioral Health Services. This includes completing Purchase Order Requisitions in accordance with Racine County’s Purchasing and Procurement policies.
2. Review and approve P-Card statements received from supervisors and various staff. Ensure appropriate account usage and within the County’s P-Card policies.
3. Ensure compliance of the County’s client tracking/interface systems to respond to new and/or revised Federal, State, and County reporting requirements. This includes coordination with technical support staff to maintain enhancements to the County’s client tracking/interface systems as needed.
4. Review and reconcile all audits of contract agencies per the requirements of the State. Provide technical assistance to auditors and staff of contract agencies in the interpretation of Federal/State requirements as well as issuance of all confirmation statements.
5. Participate in the preparation of the yearly budget for Behavioral Health Services by providing statistical or financial information as needed through the budget process.
6. Participate as needed in the County’s financial and Single audit processes to provide the County’s auditors with documentation and information as requested for the division’s portion of the audits.
7. Ensure periodic projections are completed and provided timely to the Fiscal and division managers.
Supervises the Accountant Supervisor
Receives supervision from the Fiscal Manager
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or closely related field. Certification as a CPA or CPFO through the GFOA desired.
•Five (5) years of progressively responsible accounting and managerial experience including supervision.
•Prompt and regular attendance.
*Or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
Ability to communicate effectively with elected officials, other employees and the general public.
•Good organizational skills.
•Project management skills.
•Ability to work independently and make decisions.
•Advanced knowledge of governmental accounting and report preparation.
•Technical training and experience with Tyler Munis or comparable computerized accounting applications.
This description has been prepared to assist in properly evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skills, working conditions, etc., present in the classification. It is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and characteristic levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind and level of difficulty.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.