April 22, 2021 at 3:15 pm #2537Misty DodgeModerator
$52,187.00 – $72,068.00 Annually
730 WISCONSIN AVENUE RACINE WI 53403, WI
5/5/2021 11:59 PM Central
Manage the operations of the Purchasing function within the Finance Department, including the procurement of County products, goods, and services.
1. Implement, maintain, and ensure compliance with the Racine County Procurement ordinance (Chapter 7, Article VIII)
2. Identify opportunities to create new policies/procedures to support procurement ordinance
3. Monitor status of authorized purchase orders and/or contracts including annual opening or closing of applicable purchase orders
4. Provide expertise to departments by attending procurement-related meetings as needed
5. Identify and implement cost saving projects in cooperation with county departments
6. Manage RFP process to ensure compliance and timely execution
7. Participate in supplier selection process for request for proposals (RFPs) reviewing factors such as price, quality, and support
8. Monitor expiration of County contracts and purchase orders; work with departments to submit updates if applicable
9. Evaluate contracts to ensure that requirements are met and comply with County policies
10. Coordinate and schedule training and product review sessions involving vendors and appropriate county staff
11. Administer and manage County’s online business accounts
12. Administer the County’s P-Card program including training for new cardholders
13. Reconcile p-card limits and authorizations listed with bank, with those reflected in financial system to ensure accuracy
14. Maintain all procurement documents, manually and/or electronically, filing confidential data as required
15. Work with departments and/or vendors to resolve routine procurement issues in a timely and efficient manner
16. Conduct market analysis/research to ensure cost effective and competitive pricing regarding County supply purchases
17. Proof contracts to ensure proper entry into the financial system
18. Provide cost estimates to County departments for capital budget requests
19. Coordinate the inventory and disposal of County’s surplus office furniture and equipment
20. Identify process improvements to streamline County purchasing processes
Receives general supervision from the Finance Manager.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management, or a related field from an accredited college or university
• Five (5) years progressively responsible work experience in purchasing, preferably with public purchasing or purchasing for government reimbursements and accounting experience.
• Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) certification, or other professional management certification preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills.
• Proficient data analysis skills
• Ability to identify process improvement opportunities
• Familiarity with purchasing and accounting, using Tyler Munis system desirable.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
This description has been prepared to assist in properly evaluating various classes of responsibilities, skill, working conditions, etc., present in the classification. It is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and characteristic levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities; nor, is it intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Revised: 10/16, 01/20
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.