July 12, 2021 at 3:05 pm #2604Dave EhlingerModerator
The Finance Department in Dodge County is expanding!
Dodge County is currently accepting applications for the position of Senior Accountant. To apply, please visit: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=96665945992&locale=en_US&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=DodgeCountyKTMDReqExt
Date Posted: 07/12/2021 Application Deadline Date: 07/25/2021
Title: Senior Accountant
Department/Location: Finance/Administration Building
Reports to: Finance Director
Status: Full Time, Exempt
This position assists in the overall operations of the Finance Department functions; this includes accounting, budgeting, recording, reporting of financial transactions, and grant administration County-wide.
REQUIRED JOB COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and auditing principles (including GASB rules and GAAP standards) and methods in their application to a government accounting system.
• Knowledge of and experience with budget preparation and procedures for a multi-department organization.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting and auditing methods, procedures, and financial practices.
• Knowledge of County programs, funding sources, and specific regulations governing expenditures and revenues.
• Knowledge of the County and Department’s operating requirements, policies, procedures, and practices; and local, State, and Federal regulations related to department programs and operations.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of budgeting, fiscal management, project management principles and techniques.
• Skill in analyzing complex administrative information and issues, defining problems and evaluating alternatives and recommending methods, procedures and techniques for resolution of issues.
• Ability to research and analyze detailed information and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to develop department goals and objectives.
• Ability to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate projects and programs.
• Ability to develop, interpret and implement regulations, policies, procedures, written instructions, general correspondence, and other department-specific documents.
• Ability to instruct and train in methods and procedures.
• Ability to organize, assign, and modify the work assignment of others, and (re)-establish priorities to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain accurate records of assigned activities and operations.
• Ability to interpret and implement local policies and procedures; written instructions, general correspondence; Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Skill in organizational and time management to prioritize duties to accomplish a high volume of work product while adapting to constant changes in priority.
• Ability to perform detailed work accurately and independently in compliance with stringent time limits requiring minimal direction and supervision.
• Ability to think quickly, maintain self-control, and adapt to stressful situations.
• Knowledge of current office practices and procedures and knowledge of the operation of standard office equipment and software.
• Knowledge of computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications consistent for this position.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations required of this position.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively in English in both written and verbal form.
• Skill in researching and understanding complex written materials.
• Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise records and reports.
• Ability to apply sound judgment and discretion in performing duties, resolving problems, and interpreting policies and regulations.
• Ability to communicate detailed and often sensitive information effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to handle sensitive interpersonal situations calmly and tactfully.
• Ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals within and outside the organization.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding business-related files, reports, and conversations, within the provisions of open records laws and other applicable State and Federal statutes and regulations.
• Ability to work the allocated hours of the position and respond after hours as needed.
POSTING PAY RANGE: $32.11/hr. – $43.35/hr. (Dodge County Labor Scale – Pay Grade N)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or Business Administration with three (3) years’ progressively responsible municipal accounting or finance experience.
• Appointment will be conditional upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
• Governmental accounting or governmental auditing experience
Application Deadline: July 25, 2021
Initial interviews will be scheduled for August 10th, 11th, and 12th
Second interviews tentatively scheduled for August 16th or August 17th
Anticipated start date is September 7th
Outside Applicants: Dodge County now accepts online applications only. For position details, complete job description and to apply visit: https://tinyurl.com/jobsindodge
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.