October 29, 2019 at 7:15 pm #2250
Shawano County is organized according to Chapter 59 of the Wisconsin Statutes. The following is the County’s Mission Statement and Policy on Quality:
“The primary mission of Shawano County is to provide all County citizens with cost-effective, prompt and high quality County services. Quality is the extent to which a product or service conforms to requirements and meets or exceeds customer expectations.”
Under general supervision, performs advanced accounting and minimal typing requirements. This role requires familiarity with the functions, procedures, and subject matter of governmental accounting; the duties require the frequent exercise of initiative and judgment in applying prescribed procedures to non-routine situations. Employees in this case are expected to perform relatively independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Review and enter invoices, billings and journal entries to insure the accuracy and completion of monthly accounting functions.
– Preparation of weekly and emergency check runs and create reporting for approvals.
– Report on assigned grants to help ensure timely revenue generation and compliance.
– Assist the Finance Director in financial forecasts in the preparation of the county budget by utilizing
applied accounting principles.
– Responsible for the processing the county cash receipts to ensure that they are entered according to GASB.
– Audit assigned expenditures, revenues, and generates a balancing method by the development of reconciliation.
-Maintain capital assets under the direction of the Finance Director.
-Support related accounting procedures through a well-maintained balanced system to insure all County and State mandates are met.
-Backup for other fiscal and support staff positions.
-Associate’s Degree in Accounting.
-Three years practical governmental bookkeeping and accounting work is preferred.
*It is the policy of Shawano County to recruit and select the most qualified persons for positions in the County’s service. Recruitment and selection shall be conducted in an affirmative manner which ensures open competition and provides equal employment opportunity as protected by state or federal law.
If you need any accommodations during the recruitment or employment process because of a disability, please notify the Department of Administration/Human Resources, so appropriate accommodations can be made.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.