- This topic is empty.
April 18, 2023 at 4:10 pm #3198Misty DodgeModerator
TOWN OF LA POINTE POSITION OPENING
Position: Full-time / 40 hours per week
Start Date: June 2023
Job Summary: This position has primary responsibility for all the Town’s general accounting functions. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining the general ledger, receipts, checkbooks, and bank reconciliations.
• Managing the annual budget, including entering revenues and expenditures.
• Creating budget spreadsheets for preparation of the Town’s budget; working with department heads to prepare budget proposals and to monitor their budgets on a monthly basis.
• Processing disbursements, including vouchers and alternative claims.
• Preparing monthly financial reports for Town Board and others.
• Tracking purchase orders, credit card statements, and state aids.
• Assisting in preparation of annual audit (performed by contracted CPA firm).
• Administering financial aspects of grants and contracts.
• Assisting the elected Treasurer with tax roll collections, calculations, outstanding payments, bank transfers, and accommodation tax collections.
• Tracking insurance coverage; prepare annual workers compensation audit.
• Preparing and processing accounts receivable billings.
Requirements: Combination of education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge, abilities, and skills needed. Proficiency with double-entry accounting principles and software; Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word. Work under own initiative. Excellent time management and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and overcome frequent distractions.
Preferred: Knowledge of and experience in accrual accounting, public finance, municipal accounting and budgeting, and Workhorse software.
Compensation: $30-$35/hour, based on experience.
Other: The position requires working extended periods at a desk; extensive use of a computer; the ability to communicate effectively by phone, email and face-to-face. Residence on Madeline Island is preferred but not required. Background check required.
Position Open Until Filled
Please submit cover letter, resume or similar documents detailing your qualifications to:
Town Administrator, Town Hall, 240 Big Bay Road, PO Box 270, La Pointe, WI 54850 or email@example.com
For more information, including a full job description, send an email or call 715-747-6913.
The Town of La Pointe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.