September 15, 2023 at 5:20 pm #3373Maureen BarryParticipant
Treasurer– Village of Williams Bay, Wisconsin (2,953). Located 70 miles northwest of Chicago and 45 minutes southwest of Milwaukee, the Village of Williams Bay is seeking a Village Treasurer. Lying on the western shores of Geneva Lake, long considered one of the most beautiful lakes in Wisconsin, Williams Bay is home to the Internationally known Yerkes Observatory. The Village is characterized by high quality residential development along with a quaint central business district with a focus on preserving reasonable property taxes.
The Treasurer is a key member of the Village’s management team in a financially stable organization and reports to the Village Administrator. The Village is governed by a Village President and six Village Trustees elected on a non-partisan basis. The Village’s budget is $4.6 M, and there are 20 FT employees in addition to part-time and seasonal workers.
The Village’s next Treasurer should be a technically skilled and collaborative professional capable of managing a variety of the Village’s financial activities. The Village Treasurer plans, directs, manages, and oversees the activities of the Finance Department including financial planning, payroll, budgeting, accounting, auditing, and cash management. This position is responsible for assuring that the village achieves its financial objectives through solid fiscal planning, sound financial management, budgetary controls and the maintenance of financial accounts and records. Emphasis on capital improvement planning and execution including replacement of water and sewer infrastructure, upgrade of the water treatment facility, parks/recreation, and fire station. This position is responsible for the duties of the Treasurer pursuant to Wis. Stat. Section 61.26.
The Village is seeking an ethical and experienced professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate must have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a confident fluency in accounting including budgeting;
• Have background in human resource management;
• Have the ability to problem-solve and make critical decisions;
• Have a desire to work cooperatively with the public; and
• Have a passion for teamwork and the ability to work collaboratively with all Village departments in the delivery of municipal services.
Candidates should also have:
• An Associates degree in accounting; a B.A. in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is ideal; and
• Two – three years of experience in accounting, with experience in a government setting or demonstrable skills in governmental fund accounting ideal, or an equivalent combination of education and experience where additional work experience may substitute for up to two years of education; and the
• Ability to become a Certified Municipal Treasurer under Wisconsin Statutes.
The Village offers a starting salary of $65,000 to $75,000, plus exceptional benefits including WRS and health insurance. Candidates should apply with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five work-related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, and David De Angelis, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, Tel: 847-380-3240.
The deadline to apply is October 16, 2023, yet open until filled. The review of resumes is on-ongoing. The Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.