September 14, 2023 at 5:17 pm #3370Misty DodgeModerator
Village of Brown Deer
SALARY $17.97 – $26.30 Hourly
$37,377.60 – $54,704.00 Annually
LOCATION 53223, WI
JOB TYPE Full Time JOB NUMBER ADM_09.13.23
DEPARTMENT Administration OPENING DATE 09/13/2023
This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine and complex clerical, customer service and administrative work. The person in this position will help keep & maintain the official records of the village and will provide administrative support for the Administration, Building, Inspection and Park and Recreation Departments.
This position requires strong customer service skills, proficient knowledge of Microsoft products, strong cash handling skills and excellent phone etiquette.
Examples of Duties
The person in this position will be expected to perform the following essential functions sufficiently. The essential tasks are marked with an * :
1. First point of contact with the village residents by answering phone inquiries, or in-person front counter inquiries such as property taxes, property assessments, community rentals, utility billing information, or election inquiries*
2. Processes reservations for park and recreation department programs, including community rentals.*
3. Processes and issues permits/licenses (hydrant permits, bartending licenses, pet licensing)*
4. Maintains records, invoices, and permit applications for all building inspection projects.*
5. Acts as custodian of various department documents and records.
6. Responsible for the distribution of incoming mail to appropriate departments*
7. Processes outgoing mail.*
8. Responsible for entry of various online payments into a receipting program.*
9. Responsible for entry of various invoices into payables program.*
10. Responsible for the recording of property tax payments and utility bill payments and other various government payments.*
11. Performs daily cash handling procedures.*
12. Updates monthly property assessment records with ownership changes
13. Assists the Village Clerk with election activities
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. High school Diploma or GED
2. Minimum 2 years of customer service and/or clerical experience.
3. Experience in a municipality or public sector setting preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Effective communication, oral and written.
2. Ability to retain confidentiality of village internal matters.
3. Ability to operate a variety of office machines and equipment
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and other programs commonly used in municipal/local government.
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
7. Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
1. Inside office environment.
2. Noise level is usually low.
3. Listens to emotional, sometimes angry, citizens and public.
Telephone, personal computer with software and related equipment, copy machine, fax machine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
NON-DISCRIMINATION / ADA
Village of Brown Deer is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, including those individuals with disabilities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We believe in promoting diversity and inclusion in our workplace and will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or while performing the duties of the job, please contact our Human Resources department at 414-371-3041. We will work with you to assess your needs and provide appropriate accommodations to ensure equal access and participation in our recruitment process and on-the-job responsibilities.
Agency: Village of Brown Deer
Address: 4800 West Green Brook Drive
Brown Deer, Wisconsin, 53223
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.