April 29, 2022 at 3:48 pm #2844Misty DodgeModerator
VILLAGE OF BROWN DEER
invites applications for the position of: Director of Finance / Treasurer
SALARY: $3,076.92 – $4,423.08 Biweekly; $80,000.00 – $115,000.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/29/22
CLOSING DATE: 05/30/22 (extended)
Village of Brown Deer is looking for the next chief fiscal officer for the Village, Director of Finance/ Treasurer. The next Director of Finance/ Treasurer will be responsible for the proper administration of the financial affairs and fiscal records of the Village, with powers and duties as set forth in the Village Code and State Statutes.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Maintenance of the accounting records for the Village: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
2. Preparation of financial statements and state and federal reports.
3. Administration of cash management functions; cash flow analysis, investments and reconciliation.
4. Assistance to the Village Manager in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
5. Preparation of the tax roll, tax billing and the collection of property taxes for the Village.
6. Representation of the Village in state, regional and national organizations.
7. Initiation of proposals for debt financing and the administration of debt service calculations and payments.
8. Administration and maintenance of the Village’s accounting software.
9. Responsible for the oversight of the financial activities related to general ledgers, special ledgers and other fiscal records and accurate accounting and distribution of income and expenses to appropriate accounts in accordance with GASS and GAAP.
10. Responsible for timely completion of monthly journal entries, payroll, AP & AR processes, bank reconciliations, quarterly and annual reporting, grant compliance
11. Responsible for creation of reports and plans such as: the capital improvement plan, quarterly financial reports, the annual comprehensive financial report (ACFR), etc and presentation of these documents to staff and officials when necessary
12. Collaboration and coordination with consultants and vendors who provide the following resources to the village (payroll compliance, HR compliance, investment income, financial advisement, payment processing,
13. Collaboration and coordination with the village assessor on performing reassessments, open book, reporting to village officials, and issuing tax bills to the property owners.
14. Coordination of the annual audit and completion of the year-end book closing entries.
15. Supervision and motivation of the Administrative Services staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in Public Administration, Public Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a financial capacity within municipal government preferably as a treasurer or an assistant.
Certifications/Licenses: Graduate of University of Wisconsin-Green Bay Clerk/Treasurer Institute desired.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Our village is committed to providing the right conditions for each person to achieve his or her full potentials regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation or religion. We believe diversity and inclusion is key to creating a welcome environment for the village’s residents and employees.
We are committed to increasing diversity in our workplace. We believe that a positive (can do) attitude and aptitude are an important part when looking for a perfect candidate.
The village will consider a combination of candidate’s positive attitude, skills, education & experience that can highlight the applicant’s ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
4800 West Green Brook Drive Brown Deer, WI 53223
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.