April 27, 2020 at 4:21 pm #2338Misty DodgeModerator
Village of Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Deputy Director of Finance and General Services
Buffalo Grove, IL (pop. 41,226) The Village of Buffalo Grove is a very progressive, family-oriented community located in both Cook and Lake Counites, just 32 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. A home rule, AAA rated community that covers 9.3 square miles, the Village is seeking a highly collaborative finance professional to serve as its next Deputy Director of Finance and General Services.
The Deputy Director of Finance and General Services is a key member of the Village’s executive team. The position has general administrative and oversight responsibility for the department including all accounting functions, general office and staff support. Position is responsible for ensuring that finance practices and procedures are current, coordinating the annual audit and comprehensive annual financial reporting functions, assisting in the preparation of the Village’s annual budget and capital improvement program and participating in the development and implementation of many of the Village’s innovative, regional efforts. The position will include some technical accounting work.
The Village has an annual budget of $78 million (all funds – operating funds are $38 million) 205 full time and 60 part time employees allocated across a full service municipality including a golf operation. The Village is embarking on $25 million of water and sewer infrastructure work over the next 5 years along with the potential to renovate and/or replace public facilities.
In addition to the Director and Deputy Director, the department has 7 full time employees including payroll, utility billing and purchasing agent. Also, of note:
• The Deputy Director will have significant involvement in key projects currently underway including but not limited to economic development, capital planning and development, long and short term revenue and expenditure strategies, budget development and administration, and all policies affecting the overall fiscal health of the Village.
• Candidates must be collaborative and innovative, with a willingness to engage with employees throughout the organization in a positive, solution-oriented approach that reflects mutual respect and a dedication to long term effective working relationships.
• The Village is in the second year of program-based budgeting and annually receives the GFOA Budget Award and CAFR Award.
• Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in finance, public policy, public administration, business, or a related field. A CPA or significant experience with accounting is highly desired. A master’s degree in public policy, public administration, finance or business administration is a plus.
• Candidates should have supervisory experience with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing – public sector experience is valued but not required.
• Familiarity with information technology as it furthers financial accounting and budget development and administration is a plus.
• The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, experienced executive with a proven track record in progressive fiscal management, with the ability to work closely with elected and appointed officials and department heads on the Village’s financial strategies. The Village of Buffalo Grove offers a competitive benefits’ package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Residency in the Village of Buffalo Grove is not required.
Salary: $110,000 – $135,000 +/- DOQ. Candidates should apply no later than May 29, 2020 with resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 work related references to http://www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Heidi Voorhees, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #130 Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3243. Buffalo Grove understands that a job change may be complicated while dealing with the COVID-19 virus and as a result, can be flexible with respect to the finalist candidate’s start date.
Click Here to Apply
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.