March 15, 2021 at 12:23 pm #2505Misty DodgeModerator
The Village of Flossmoor, Illinois
Assistant Finance Director
Flossmoor, IL (9,440). The Village of Flossmoor is seeking a collaborative, yet independent, finance professional to serve as its next Assistant Finance Director. Flossmoor is a diverse, professionally managed community, offering the best of suburban life within reach of the cultural and intellectual richness of downtown Chicago. Located directly south of Chicago in Cook County in a 3.8 square mile area, Flossmoor is a full-service municipality with a nearly $28 million total budget (approximately $13 million General Fund) and 57 full-time employees.
Flossmoor has the heart and soul of a small town steeped in history and energized by diversity and inclusiveness in all its forms. With one-of-a-kind architecture, convenient connections to Chicago’s Loop by Metra and multiple major roadways (I-57, I-294, and I-80), unparalleled educational and recreation opportunities and close-knit neighborhoods, Flossmoor is the best kept secret in Metro Chicago.
• The position participates in the management and supervision of Finance Department operations, manages various revenue collection systems, executes technical accounting and financial reporting functions of the department, manages the benefits and compliance portions of the Village’s human resources services, and coordinates claims for risk management. The position also performs various tasks related to department administrative responsibilities. The position reports to the Finance Director.
• In addition to the primary and other regular responsibilities, the position will continually be involved in special projects, such as: completing the implementation of financial system software conversions to new BS&A software and to the InvoiceCloud customer payment portal, implementing major Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates, developing creative financial strategies for the benefit program, creation of a new procedures manual, and re-evaluating the Finance Department organization structure, among others.
• The Finance Department has six full-time positions (the Director, Assistant Director, two Accounting Clerks, one General Finance Clerk, one Cashier/Receptionist), one part-time Meter Reader position and one part-time seasonal assistant position. The position is responsible for direct supervision of the Cashier/Receptionist, General Finance Clerk and Meter Reader positions.
• The Village of Flossmoor operates under the Board/Manager form of government. The Village Mayor and six members of the Board of Trustees are elected at large for four-year terms. Other Village departments include Fire, Police, Building, Public Works, and the Village Manager’s Office.
• The Village has been recognized for its sound financial practices and policies and forward-thinking management, consistent with its ‘AA+’ rating from Standard & Poor’s Global Ratings. The Village has received the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Award for over 40 years.
The next Assistant Finance Director must have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, customer service skills, be creative and adept at multi-tasking. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other relevant area, prior accounting and/or financial statement preparation and supervisory experience. Experience with employee benefits/human resources and risk management claims preferred. CPA, MBA and/or MPA preferred. Any combination of education and experience that provides the equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
The salary range is $99,967 – $124,959 DOQ. The Village of Flossmoor offers a comprehensive benefit plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, optional 457 plan, wellness benefits, and paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
Apply online at http://www.GovHRjobs.com with a resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references by April 16, 2021. Confidential inquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Maureen Barry, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at 224-282-8306 or [email protected].
The Village of Flossmoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click HERE to Apply!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.