Tagged: Budget Manager job
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by Anonymous.
January 27, 2021 at 3:05 pm #2467AnonymousInactive
We’re Counting on You!
The Village of Germantown has the best of all worlds: a great location with both rural and suburban character, a high quality of life, and limitless possibilities for someone interested in being an integral part of a growing community. With that growth has come new tax increment districts, multiple industrial facilities, and the need to improve our Village facilities, with a new Public Works facility and Police Department planned for the next five years. And it is not just our Village which is changing; our staff is changing, too. With several recent retirements, our Finance and Clerk’s departments have merged, creating new opportunities for growth and change including the creation of the Budget Manager position. As the first person to hold the Budget Manager position, you will have the opportunity to make it your own and set the standards for years to come!
Part of our Administrative team, the Budget Manager will report to our Administrator and will work closely will all of our department directors throughout the year on creating, implementing, and adjusting the annual budget. Additionally, the Budget Manager will be responsible for guiding our Village Board through the budget process through multiple meetings and will also be key to greater communication with residents about the budgeting process. Outside of budget season, the Budget Manager will be responsible for creating financial forecasts and five-year financial plans for our operating, capital, and utility department budgets. They will also assist with utility rate increases, the creation and monitoring of TIF districts, debt issuance and management of Village investments.
What we have to offer:
1. This position includes a flexible work schedule, compensatory time opportunities, great support staff, a friendly and positive team-oriented working environment,
2. The Village offers a great package of benefits for this position, including:
a. medical, dental & life insurance
b. voluntary wellness program & reimbursement package
c. 11 paid holidays/year
d. 12 paid sick days/year
e. 10 to 25 paid vacation days/year (depending on length of service)
f. Employee recognition program
g. Flexible spending plan (Section 125) for pre-tax payment of medical, dental & daycare
h. Wisconsin retirement system membership & a 457 deferred compensation plan
i. Professional development opportunities & professional membership dues reimbursement
3. Starting salary for this position is between $58,719 and $72,235, dependent upon qualifications.
4. Opportunity to participate in employee wellness and engagement committee.
What We Are Looking For:
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, public administration, or business administration.
• At least three (3) years of government budget management experience, preferably in local government. Master’s Degree in public administration, public policy, or similar degree may substitute for one year of experience.
• Self-motivated team player.
• Experience with report preparation, public speaking and presentations.
• Knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices, and techniques of municipal finance, budgeting, debt, and tax increment districts.
• Ability to understand complex financial concepts AND to be able to explain them clearly to the general public.
A complete job description with the position’s essential duties, required qualifications and abilities, and other requirements can be found here.
To apply for this position, please submit a completed application found on our website and a resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Support Services Manager Michelle Tucker [email protected] or by mail to:
N112W17001 Mequon Rd.
PO Box 337
Germantown, WI 53022.
Position open until filled, with first review of applications and potential for interviews beginning February 1st, 2021.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.