March 2, 2021 at 10:51 am #2497Misty DodgeModerator
The Village of Richton Park, Illinois
Richton Park, IL (13,292). The Village of Richton Park is seeking an experienced, principled finance executive to serve as its next Finance Director. The hub of Chicago’s Southland suburbs, the Village of Richton Park strives to be a premier community that is committed to providing a safe, resident and business-friendly environment, with high quality services, excellent schools, and a responsive government. Spanning a total area of 4 square miles, the Village provides a full range of municipal services with a budget of $20 million and 140 employees.
Richton Park has evolved into a warm, welcoming and diverse village with easy access to Chicago via a busy Metra station and Interstates 57 and 80. With much to offer, the Village aims to be a place where people want to live, work and play.
• This position serves as the Village’s Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer and is responsible for the planning and direction of financial operations of the Village, including financial planning, budget administration, general accounting and reporting, payroll, purchasing, treasury management, debt administration, revenue billing and collection, Tax Increment Finance (TIF)/economic development funds and pension administration.
• The Finance Director position is appointed by and reports to the Village Manager and is an integral part of the executive leadership team. The Finance Director is responsible for oversight and management of all Finance Department operations and staff (some union), which includes five additional full-time positions (an Assistant Director, Payroll Specialist, Utility Billing Supervisor and two accountants), and two part-time positions.
• The Village of Richton Park operates under the Council/Manager form of government. The Village President and six members of the Board of Trustees are elected at large on a staggered basis for four-year terms. Other Village departments include Administration, Community & Economic Development, Fire, Parks & Recreation, Police, and Public Works.
• Richton Park maintains four active TIF Districts (with another having expired at the end of 2020), as well as a Business Development District, Enterprise Zone and an Opportunity Zone. The position is actively involved in negotiations for projects within and fund management for these districts.
• Richton Park has received the GFOA Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the past four years.
• The Village’s new Strategic Plan details their goals for the next five years, which along with improving financial stability, include objectives to create a Five-Year Financial Plan, implement a cloud based financial system to create transparency, and build financial reserves.
The next Finance Director must have strong communication, analytical and financial management skills, be of high integrity, responsive, and work well within a team environment. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, Accounting, Financial Management or other applicable field, with at least seven years of accounting and increasingly responsible management experience, of which three years is at management level. Experience in Illinois, Master’s Degree and/or CPA preferred. Any combination of education and experience that provides the equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
The starting salary range is $105,000 to $130,000 DOQ. The Village of Richton Park offers a comprehensive benefit plan which includes contributions to medical, dental, life insurance and the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, optional 457 plan, and paid vacation, sick and holiday time.
Apply online at http://www.GovHRjobs.com with a resume, cover letter and contact information for five professional references by April 5, 2021. Confidential inquiries are encouraged and should be directed to Maureen Barry, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA at 224-282-8306 or [email protected].
The Village of Richton Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.
Click HERE to Apply!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.