November 13, 2020 at 12:45 pm #2411Misty DodgeModerator
Are you a ‘people’ person? A good communicator? Do you have a knack for listening and communicating solutions to others? If so, we want you on our team!
*You will respond to billing and water service concerns from our customers;
*Collect and process payments;
*Update billing software with customer information;
*Requires proficiency in Microsoft programs; strong oral and written communication skills, two years of related experience.
*We offer state pension, PTO and insurance benefits.
See the complete job description and application at http://www.waukesha-water.com.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the direction of the Customer Service/Billing Supervisor customer service, cash handling and clerical activities to ensure accurate customer account information and resolve customer concerns. Perform other tasks, cooperate with others, and respond to emergencies or unusual circumstances as required or assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receive and respond to customer comments, inquiries, and complaints regarding utility services from phone calls, office visits, and correspondence. Resolve concerns by explaining and providing alternatives.
2. Answer incoming phone calls and follow through by maintaining accurate billing information, referring calls, or scheduling field service with operations assistant.
3. Accept and receipt customer cash and check transactions. Balance and reconcile daily payments, and accurately post to customer accounts.
4. Verify, make corrections, and re-post City payment postings and run appropriate reports.
5. Deliver and pickup mail and bank deposits and other items.
6. Review internal reports and take necessary action to support the Utility’s billing function.
SKILLS OR EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent. Two years of relevant clerical and customer service experience, including intermediate word processing, spreadsheet and software applications is required.
NORMAL DUTY HOURS: 7:45 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday – Friday. Additional time may occasionally be required to complete assigned work, special projects or to assist other personnel.
REQUIRED JOB STANDARDS:
1. Must be able to communicate via telephone with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
3. Vision abilities include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
4. Ability to accurately count and change money.
5. Ability to proficiently operate ten-key calculator
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.