Tagged: Utility Billing Supervisor
April 28, 2022 at 2:14 pm #2843Joseph CiurroParticipant
Utility Billing Supervisor – Waukesha Water Utility, Wisconsin. A department of the City of Waukesha; the Waukesha Water Utility (“Utility”) is located in the heart of downtown Waukesha with close proximity to beautiful county lakes and parks and a short drive to downtown Milwaukee and Lake Michigan. The Utility is seeking detailed-oriented utility billing professionals with strong communication skills, and an interest to join a close knit team, as candidates for its next Utility Billing Supervisor.
Under the supervision of the Administrative Services Manager, the Utility Billing Supervisor will supervise customer service and billing functions and personnel. Maintain and operate the systems necessary to generate and collect Water Utility and Sewer Utility operating revenues while complying with State and Federal Statutes and Public Service Commission (PSC) Standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Calculate, verify, adjust, and process data for issuance of monthly, and special Utility bills.
2. Supervise the Customer Service function, which includes 2-direct reports (Customer Service Representatives).
3. Maintain the customer information and meter inventory software system by determining the upgrades to be installed; overseeing their installation; designing and performing tests for the upgrades; trouble shooting, documenting and resolving software issues with the vendor; writing advanced reports; requesting and monitoring vendor designed reports that improve organizational effectiveness.
4. Ensure the integrity of the data stored by the customer information and meter inventory systems by developing standard procedures for data entry; training Utility personnel on standard procedures; ensuring standard application of procedures among users; maintaining a library of the procedures.
5. Analyze system capabilities to identify opportunities for improvement.
6. Prepare monthly and annual PSC report and annual audit information.
7. Resolve complex meter, billing and customer service questions and correspond with customers and staff.
8. Serve as back up in absence of customer service personnel.
9. Assist with the coordination, scheduling, and testing of repairs to the Automatic Meter Reading systems with customers, department personnel, and vendors.
10. Act as daily liaison to Sewer Utility.
11. Prepare annual schedule coordinating meter reading and billing functions of field services and office staff.
12. Coordinate annual tax roll transfer while complying with Federal bankruptcy regulation and PSC Standards.
SKILLS OR EDUCATION: Associate’s or Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or related field preferred. Minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in utility billing and collections and two (2) years of supervisory experience. A combination of education, training and experience demonstrating the ability to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position may be substituted for any requirements.
Proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing programs is required. Must possess strong detail orientation, communication, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to efficiently operate 10-digit number pad.
NORMAL DUTY HOURS: 7:45 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Monday – Friday. Additional time is required outside normal hours to complete assigned work.
Starting Salary: $64,217 – $80,271 DOQ
Please send resume and cover letter, including three references, to WWUhr@waukesha-water.com.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.