September 8, 2020 at 3:58 pm #2372Misty DodgeModerator
WPF Wisconsin Webinar
“Perspectives on Disclosure in 2020 and Beyond”
September 17, 2020
11:30am-1:00pm central time
Please join the Wisconsin Women in Public Finance for a virtual “fireside chat” on investor disclosure. On this call you will hear from our esteemed panelists representing legal, issuer/borrower and buy side (both governmental and high yield). As you can imagine, investors place a high value on information, strongly arguing more is better than less. This is often in direct conflict with legal stance on regulatory requirements. We expect these differences will lead to an interesting and thoughtful program.
In our discussion we will cover:
• What is required?
• What should an issuer voluntarily disclose and when?
• What are the best practices for disclosure?
• Where have investors wanted more robust disclosure from borrowers?
• What constitutes a material event?
• How frequently should borrowers communicate with the investors?
• What updates are helpful to investors relative to COVID-19 and other events that cause business disruption?
• And more…
Our panel will be a question and answer format moderated by Romy McCarthy, Managing Director of Piper Sandler and VP of Mentorship for the WWPF.
Our panel will feature:
David Erdman, Capital Finance Director (State of Wisconsin)
Kristen Richardson, Fixed Income Research Analyst (MFS Investment Management)
Amy Johonnett, Research Analyst (Fidelity)
Dana Lach, Of Counsel (Foley & Lardner)
We will finish with questions and answers for the panelists from our participants. Feel free to submit questions in advance as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.