- 2019 Conferences
- 2018 Conferences
- 2017 Conferences
- 2016 Conferences
- 2015 Conferences
- 2014 Conferences
- 2013 Conferences
- 2012 Conferences
- 2011 Conferences
- 2010 Conferences
December 5-6, 2019 Holiday Inn and Conference Center, Stevens Point, WI
- Agenda, 2019 Winter Conference
- GFOA Initiatives. Chris Morrill, CEO GFOA.
- Governmental Accounting 101. Gary Olsen, Village of Rothschild.
- Governmental Accounting 101 Handout. Gary Olsen, Village of Rothschild.
- Department of Employee Trust Funds Actuary – OPEB Updates. Dave Ehlinger, WGFOA President.
- OPEB Accounting. Jack Chmielewski, Milliman, Inc.
- Legislative Updates. Curt Witynski, League of Wisconsin Municipalities & Kyle Christianson, Wisconsin Counties Association.
- Financial Administration Handbook for Small WI Towns and Villages. Curt Witynski, League of Wisconsin Municipalities.
- Levy Limit Worksheets – Step by Step. Todd Taves, Ehlers.
- Utility Accounting and PSC Reporting. Jody Dobson, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause.
- GASB Update. David Bean, Governmental Accounting Standards Board.
2019 Fall Conference – Technology & Treasury Management
September 12-13, 2019 Chula Vista Resort, WI Dells, WI
- Agenda, 2019 Fall Conference
- Covering Your Information Assets: Developing security in a constantly changing environment. Jeff Lemmermann, SynerComm, Inc.
- Partly Cloudy: How cloud technologies changes your own IT landscape. Jeff Lemmermann, SynerComm, Inc.
- Excel functions that we really use. Misty Dodge, City of Fitchburg; Melissa Bohse, City of Middleton.
- Excel Session WGFOA Fall 2019 Data Set. Misty Dodge, City of Fitchburg; Melissa Bohse, City of Middleton.
- Excel Examples – End Results. Misty Dodge, City of Fitchburg; Melissa Bohse, City of Middleton.
- Cloud transition practical experiences. Rodney Nobles & Tom Tousignant, Waukesha County Technical College.
- Banking Technology. Erika Doherty, BMO Harris Bank.
- Don’t leave money on the table – Cash Flow/Liquidity vs. Investment. John Major, American Deposit Management.
- Internal Controls for Cash Management – IT/Application/Physical Controls. Jake Lenell, Clifton Larson Allen, LLP.
2019 Spring Conference – Debt Management
April 25-26, 2019 Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake, WI
- Agenda, 2019 Spring Conference
- Debt 101. Brad Viegut, Baird Public Finance.
- Debt Planning and Related Policies. Brian Della and Michele Wiberg, PMA Securities.
- Bond Ratings – Ask Your Analyst. Natalie Claes, Moody’s; Jessica Akey Olejak, S&P; Kristin Hanson, PFM Financial Advisors.
- Analytical Framework For Logical GO Ratings. Jessica Olejak, S&P.
- Accounting Entries Related to Debt. Dave Maccoux, CliftonLarsonAllen.
- Disclosure Counsel v. Bond Counsel. Alexander Gore, Quarles & Brady
- Debt Administration (including arbitrage tracking, EMMA, continuing disclosures, and material events). Brian Reilly, Sara Beecher, & Stephen Broden, Ehlers.
- Tax Incremental Financing (TIF) 101. Justin Fischer & Brian Ruechel, Baird Public Finance.
- Department of Revenue – TIF Updates. Kristin Filipiak & Stacy Leitner, WI Dept. of Revenue.
- TIF Planning Session – No Handouts. Adam Ruechel, Village of Marshall.
November 29-30, 2018 Best Western Premier Waterfront, Oshkosh, WI
- Agenda, 2018 Winter Conference
- Audit Observances. Dan Berg, Sikich LLP.
- Reading and Presenting Financial Statements. David Maccoux and Leah Lasecki, Schenck, SC.
- Single Audit Update and Procurement Policies Under Uniform Guidance. Shannon Small, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP.
- GAAP Update. Michele Mark Levine, Technical Services Director, GFOA.
- Internal Controls from an Audit Perspective. Carla Gogin, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP.
- Importance of Formal Accounting and Budgetary Policies. David Maccoux & David Minch, Schenck, SC; Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc
2018 Fall Conference – Change Management
September 20-21, 2018 at Wilderness Resort, Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Agenda, 2018 Fall Conference
- Fundamentals of Change Management. Cindy Berken Wetzel and Yvonne DeGroot, Fox Valley Technical College; Steve Corbeille and Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc.
- WGFOA Metrics Jeopardy. Cindy Berken Wetzel and Yvonne DeGroot, Fox Valley Technical College; Steve Corbeille and Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc.
- Why Change? Leadership Engagement. Cindy Berken Wetzel and Yvonne DeGroot, Fox Valley Technical College; Steve Corbeille and Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc.
- Why Change? Role of Finance in Change Management. Cindy Berken Wetzel, Fox Valley Technical College; Steve Corbeille and Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc.
- Managing Generational Diversity. Steven F. Baue, ERC.
- Navigating Change in Your Organization With Finesse. Thomas Schultz, Schenck SC.
- Thinking Outside the Box Activities/LEAN Event – No Handouts. Gary Olsen, Village of Rothschild; Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc.
2018 Spring Conference – Budgeting and Ethics
April 19-20, 2018 at Tundra Lodge, Green Bay, WI
- Agenda, 2018 Spring Conference
- A Guide to Your Annual Financial Calendar. Valeah Foy, Wisconsin DOR; Kathy Kasza, City of Waupaca; Kim Lynch, City of Manitowoc; Brian Massey, Outagamie County; Robert Scott, City of Brookfield.
- Priority Budgeting and Strategic Management. Joshua Schoemann, Washington County.
- DOR Update, Levy Limits, Expenditure Restraints. Valeah Foy and Andrea Newman Wilfong, Wisconsin DOR.
- Capital Budgeting and CIP. Kathy Kasza, City of Waupaca; Justin Fischer and Brian Ruechel, Baird Public Finance.
- GASB 74 & 75 Implementation regarding OPEB changes. Jodi Dobson, Baker Tilly.
- Budget Transparency and Citizen Portals. Laura Larsen, City of Madison.
- Budgeting 101 – How to Start. Gary D. Olsen, Village of Rothschild.
- Ethical Conduct in Public Office. James R. Macy, J.D., vonBriesen & Roper SC.
November 30-December 1, 2017 at Marriott West, Middleton, WI
- Agenda, 2017 Winter Conference
- Role of Finance Director in Economic Development; Handouts. Joe Murray, Springsted.
- What is the Role of the Joint Review Board for Counties and Schools. Tim Casper, Madison College; Norm Cummings, Waukesha County.
- TIF State Compliance. Stacy Leitner, Scott Shields, and Kristin Filipiak, Wisconsin DOR.
- Economic Update. Craig Elder, Robert W Baird.
- Financing Economic Development – Developer Incentives & PACE. Andrew Phillips and Andrew Guzikowski, vonBriesen & Roper.
- TIF Project Examples. Mike David and Bill Burns, City of Middleton.
- Workforce Development. Rhonda Suda, Southwest WI Workforce Development Board; Rene Daniels, North Central WI Development Board.
- The County’s Role in Economic Development. Mark O’Connell, Wisconsin Counties Association.
- Economic Development – Program Tools and Updates from State Agencies. Barb LaMue, WI Economic Development Corporation; Dean Prestegaard, WI DOT Division of Transportation Investment Management.
- Economic Development Deal Packaging – Local Professionals Perspective. Patrick Schloss, City of West Allis; Ed White, Sauk County Development Corporation.
2017 Fall Conference – Human Resource Skills for Finance Officers
September 21-22, 2017 at Radisson Paper Valley, Appleton, WI
- Agenda, 2017 Fall Conference
- Succession Planning and Employee Mentoring; Handouts. Rick Bayer, Cities and Villages Mutual Insurance Company.
- Untangling ADA, FMLA and Workers Comp. Michael Gentry, Reinhart Boerner VanDeuren.
- Wellness Programs and the EEOC; Obamacare vs. Trumpcare. Gail Olsen, Reinhart Boerner VanDeuren.
- Employee Evaluation, Discipline and Discharge. Kyle J. Gulya, von Briesen & Roper.
- Enhancing a Culture of Wellness through Onsite Health Care. Jason Dzwinel and Christopher McDonell, Ozaukee County; Matthew Rehmann, QuadMed.
- Emotional Intelligence, What is it and Do I Have it? Charles LaTorre, Employee Resource Center.
- UWGB Session: Coaching Your Employees for Optimum Performance; Authentic Confidence Quotient. Ben Fauske, RISE Leadership LLC.
2017 Spring Conference – Debt Regulation and Compliance
April 20-21, 2017 at Landmark Resort, Egg Harbor, WI
- Agenda, 2017 Spring Conference
- Who is GASB and Why Do They Exist? … The Old, the New and the Upcoming GASB Pronouncements. David Vaudt and David Bean, GASB
- Debt Structuring 101. David Anderson, Public Financial Management Inc.
- The Process of Issuing Debt. Justin Fischer and Anne Mongoven, Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Debt Management Policies. Dawn Gunderson and Phil Cosson, Ehlers & Associates, Inc.
- Ethics and Creative Problem Solving, While Learning How to Reduce Stress and Increase Focus. Joel Weintraub, Humor for the Health of It
- Post Issuance Compliance and Arbitrage. Brain Lanser, Quaries & Brady, LLC; Ed Barnicle, PMA Financial Network, Inc.
- The Rating Agency Perspective. Joe Murray, Springsted, Inc.; Tatiana Killen, Moody’s Investor Services; Melanie Shaker & John Kenward, Standard & Poor’s
December 1-2, 2016 at Hotel Marshfield, Marshfield, WI
- Agenda, 2016 Winter Conference
- Uniform Guidance Update and Tips for Preparing for Your Single Audit. Shannon Small, CliftonLarsonAllen
- Pension Accounting and What Does it Mean? David Maccoux, Schenck
- Governmental Accounting 101. Marc DeVries, Sikich
- Debt Accounting. John Rader, Baker Tilly
- Classifying Fund Balance. Kimberly Shult, Baker Tilly
- The Ins and Outs of Completing Your State Report. GTA Calculation. State Report Checklist. David Maccoux, Schenck
2016 Fall Conference – Technology on the Move for Financial Professionals
September 15-16, 2016 at Milwaukee Marriott West, Waukesha, WI
- Agenda, 2016 Fall Conference
- Tech Update. Tommy Stephens, K2 Enterprises
- Excel Update for Busy Professionals. Tommy Stephens, K2 Enterprises
- Electronic Bidding and Contracting. Randy Whitehead and Kathryn Schwenn, City of Madison
- Cyber Security. Jeff Grady, Three Pillars Technology Solutions LLC
- HIPPA Compliance for Government Sectors. Jeff Grady, Three Pillars Technology Solutions LLC
2016 Spring Conference – Mastering Cash Management
April 14-15, 2016 at Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake
- Agenda, 2016 Spring Conference
- Investments in the Current Environment. John Huber, PMA
- Banking Technology. Tom Harkless, Wells Fargo
- Electronic Bill Presentment. Nathan Wiech, KUBRA
- Auditing Cash. Jordan Boehm and Jacob Lenell, CliftonLarsonAllen
- Fraud and the FBI. Jennifer Walkowski, FBI – No Handouts.
- Economic Update. Craig Elder, Robert Baird & Co.
- RFP for Banking and Investment Services. Panelists: Sofia Anastopoulos, Public Funds Consulting; Michael Nguyen, Prudent Man Advisors; Andrew Smith, US Bank; Amy Schmidt, Western Technical College
December 3-4, 2015 at Best Western Premier Hotel, Oshkosh
- Agenda, 2015 Winter Conference
- Utility Capital Planning and Rate Structuring. Jon Cameron, Ehlers
- Asset Renewal and Replacement Planning. Nick Dragisich and Joe Murray, Springsted
- Refresher on GASB 67, 68, & Other Regulations. Carla Gogin, Baker Tilly
- Performance Management: Measuring for Efficiency and Effectiveness. Edmund Henschel, AECOM & RW Management Group; Mark Rohloff, City of Oshkosh
- Improving Your Budget Document: GFOA Budget Review. Cary Tessman, WCTC; Linda Witkowski, Waukesha County; Stacie Johnson, Walworth County; Robert Scott, City of Brookfield – No Handouts
- Priority Based Budgeting. Josh Schoemann and Jamie Ludovic, Washington County
- Presenting an Effective Budget. Andy Pederson and Rebecca VanRegenmorter, Village of Bayside – Bringing own Handouts
- Toward a Better Budget: Assessing the Use and Value of Recommended Budgeting Guidelines. David Helpap, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- Toward a Better Budget: Table 1
- Engaging Citizen Participation within the
- Budget Process. Laura Larsen, City of Madison
2015 Fall Conference – Legal and Ethical Issues, Fraud, and Procurement
September 24-25, 2015 at Olympia Resort, Oconomowoc
- Agenda, Fall 2015 Conference
- Fraud in Government Including Fraud Types, Prevention and Detection Methods. Carla Gogin and Jennifer Steiner, Baker Tilly
- ACA Compliance. Rae Anne Beaudry, The Horton Group
- ACA IRS Notice on Cadillac Tax. Rae Anne Beaudry, The Horton Group
- ACA Employer Reporting Guide. Rae Anne Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Legal Update: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Conflicts of Interest, and Understanding Recent Developments in the Fair Labor Standards Act and Wage and Hour Compliance. Kyle Gulya and Chrissy Hamiel, von Briesen & Roper
- Debt Collection. Joseph Mugenga, State Debt Collection Office
- Procurement Cards and Fraud. Brian McGoldrick and Sheniece Syas, JPMorgan Chase
- Ethics & Conflicts of Interest/Liability of Local Government. Philip Freeburg, UW-Extension Local Government Center
2015 Spring Conference – Economic Development, TIF Districts, & Historic Redevelopment
April 23-24, 2015 at Wilderness Territory Resort, Wisconsin Dells
- Agenda – Spring 2015 Conference
- Leveraging State and Local Resources for Economic Development – PDF. Patrick Drinan, WEDC
- Leveraging State and Local Resources for Community Development – PDF. Jason Scott, WEDC
- Leveraging State and Local Resources for Main Street – PDF. Darrin Wasniewski, WEDC
- Powerful Ideas Have the Capacity to Change the World – WEDC Programs Helping Innovators and Early Stage Businesses Find Success – PDF. Aaron Hagar, WEDC
- WEDC – Capital Catalyst – PDF. Chris Schiffner, WEDC
- WEDC – Early Stage Business Investment Program – PDF. Chris Schiffner, WEDC
- WEDC – Seed Accelerator – PDF. Chris Schiffner, WEDC
- WEDC – Technology Development Loans – PDF. Chris Schiffner, WEDC
- Finance Director Role in Economic Development – PDF. Allen Marcuvitz, von Briesen & Roper, SC. Joe Murray, Springsted. John Ruggini, City of Wauwatosa.
- TIF Districts – The New, the Old, and the Necessary: TIF Project Development – PDF. David Schmiedicke, City of Madison
- TIF Districts – The New, the Old, and the Necessary: Potential TIF Law Changes – PDF. Todd Taves, Ehlers Inc
- TIF Districts – The New, the Old, and the Necessary: Reporting/Closeout – PDF. Renee Meinholz, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
- Economist Update – PDF. Brian Jacobsen, Wells Fargo Funds Management LLC
- State Budget Updates – PDF. Curt Witynski, League of WI Municipalities
- Legislative Updates – PDF. Kyle Christianson, WI Counties Association
December 4-5, 2014 at Tundra Lodge Resort, Green Bay
- Winter 2014 Conference Agenda
- GASB Update – Jake Lenell, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Single Audit OMB Updates – Heather Acker, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
- Pension Regulation Presentation – Dave Maccoux, Schenck SC
- Pension Regulation Updates – Dave Maccoux, Schenck SC
- WRS Annual Reconciliation / New Benefit System – Inthava Borihane, Department of Employee Trust Funds
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – DOL Amends the Definition of a Spouse under FMLA – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Exchange Notice Requirements for Employers – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – FAQs Released About FMLA Leave and Same-Sex Spouses – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Final Regulations Released on 30-day Orientation Period – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Form W2 Reporting of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Health Reform Employer Related Provisions Timeline – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Health Reform Questions – Transitional Rules for Employers with 50-99 Employees – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – IRS Increases ACA’s Affordability Percentages for 2015 – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – IRS Memo re HSAs – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – IRS Releases Notice 2014-55 Providing for Additional Election Changes Events – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Model Notices Annual Full Pack 2014 – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Penalty for Employers Not Offering Coverage under the ACA during 2015 and 2016 – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Review of the Reporting Requirements Under Code Sections 6055 and 6056 – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Sample Waiver of Coverage Form Provided – Revised – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Affordable Care Act & Other Health Plan Updates – Wellness Program Incentives and the Affordable Care Act – Rae Ann Beaudry, The Horton Group
- UW-Green Bay Session: Adventures in Leadership – Tim Pflieger, UW-Green Bay Session
2014 Fall Conference – Debt Management & Other Regulatory Updates
September 18-29, 2014 at Heidel House, Green Lake
- Fall 2014 Conference Agenda
- BCPL Handout – Earnings Distribution
- BCPL Handout – GO Loan Fact Sheet
- BCPL Handout – Municipal GO Application Request
- BCPL Handout – Revenue Loan Fact Sheet
- BCPL State Trust Fund Loan Program — Richard Sneider, Board of Commissioners of Public Lands
- Continuing Disclosures and Other Legal Requirements — Rebecca Speckhard, Quarles & Brady
- Debt Management & Compliance — Joe Murray, Springsted
- Debt Rating Criteria and Recent Changes (Moody’s) — Rachel Cortez, Moody’s Rating Services
- Debt Rating Criteria and Recent Changes (Standard & Poor’s) — Carol Hendrickson-Spain, Standard & Poor’s Rating Services
- Financing Economic Development Projects — Dawn Gunderson-Schiel and Jim Mann, Ehlers & Associates
- Municipal and Global Economic Update — Craig Elder, Robert W. Baird
- Proactive Communication with Constituents — Joe Donovan, The Donovan Group
- SEC and the Municipal Market – a CPA Firm Perspective — Sean Walker, CliftonLarsonAllen
- Tricks of the Trade – Local Government Debt Finance — Norm Cummings (Waukesha County), Rich Abbott (City of Waukesha), Steve Corbeille (City of Manitowoc), Brian Ruechel (Robert W. Baird)
2014 Spring Conference – Technology on the Move
April 10-11, 2014 at Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake
- Spring 2014 conference agenda
- Social Media, Be Aware or Beware! — Debra Pagel, Schenck, SC
- The App Age, eBilling, ePayments, and Payment Industry Updates — Jeannie Griffin, JP Morgan
- ERP Software and Implementation — Brian Ruechel (Robert W Baird), Steve Corbeille (City of Manitowoc), Keith Strey (City of Marshfield), Anthony Scherer (City of Manitowoc), and Jane Bartolai (CoreLogic)
- Residential Real Estate Tax Escrow Services — Jane Bartolai, CoreLogic
- Tax Payment Technology — Steve Corbeille, City of Manitowoc
- Wisconsin Details — Jane Bartolai, CoreLogic
- Disaster Planning Practical Guide — Tony Hopkins and Nate Pezewski, The Horton Group
- The Wild, Wild Internet — Mark Wilson, Sikich SC
- 2014 Tech Trends for You — Patrick Ferguson, Sikich SC
Holiday Inn, Manitowoc
- Winter 2013 Conference Agenda
- Organizational Communications — Rebecca Heidepriem, Fritz Partners
- Union Contract Negotiations Post Act 10 — Nancy Pirkey with Buelow, Vetter, Buikema, Olson & Vliet, LLC
- Employee Handbook Core Provisions — Mindy Dale with Weld, Riley, Prenn, & Ricci, SC
- Employee Handbook Post Act 10 — Mindy Dale with Weld, Riley, Prenn, & Ricci, SC
- General Guide to Implementing Act 10 32 — Mindy Dale with Weld, Riley, Prenn, & Ricci, SC
- Outsourcing Human Resources and/or Payroll — ADP Services
- Profit and Loss Statement alignment — ADP Services
- Outsourcing Human Resources and/or Payroll — John Jacobs, Finance Director, Village of Weston & Greg Wenholz, Finance Director, Village of Ashwaubenon
- Coaching Assessment — Pat Lucas, Lucas Training & Consulting, LLC
- Coaching Assessment #2 — Pat Lucas, Lucas Training & Consulting, LLC
- Employee Development Plan — Pat Lucas, Lucas Training & Consulting, LLC
- Employee Motivation Survey — Pat Lucas, Lucas Training & Consulting, LLC
- Motivation Exercise — Pat Lucas, Lucas Training & Consulting, LLC
- Talent Management — Pat Lucas, Lucas Training & Consulting, LLC
2013 Fall Conference – Accounting, Auditing, and Compliance
Holiday Inn Convention Center, Stevens Point
- Fall 2013 Conference Agenda
- GASB Update, What’s on the Horizon — Jack Reagan, CliftonLarsonAllen
- Public Service Commission Reporting Update — John Andres and Jodi Dobson, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
- Understanding the Impacts of the Affordable Care Act — Rick Krueger, CliftonLarsonAllen and Rae Anne Beaudry, Horton Group
- Wisconsin Retirement System Reporting GASB No 67 & 68 — Sean Walker, CliftonLarsonAllen and Robert Willet, Department of Employee Trust Funds
- CAFR Preparation, Improvements, and Qualifications — Carla Gogin, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
- Audit Preparation and Readiness — John Knepel and John Rader, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
2013 Spring Conference – Budgeting/Long Term Planning
Brookfield Suites, Brookfield
- Spring 2013 Conference Agenda
- Budgeting for Outcomes – Laurie Sullivan, City of Stoughton
- Burlington’s Priority Based Budgeting in a Transparent Environment – Kevin Lahner, City of Burlington, Steve DeQuaker, City of Burlington, Gary Olsen, Langlade County
- State Budget Update – Jon Hochkammer, WI Counties Association, Curt Witynski, League of WI Municipalities
- Economic Update/Forecast – Craig Elder, Baird
- Long Term Financial Planning for Long Term Budget Agility/Stability – Norman Cummings, Waukesha County
- Collaboration Opportunities and Learning Experiences – Lisa Remiker, City of Appleton
- Ongoing Collaborative Efforts – City of Appleton
- Long Range Planning/Forecasting/Modeling Tools – Bob Eichem, City of Boulder, CO
- Assessing Your Readiness for Long-Term Financial Planning – Bob Eichem, City of Boulder, CO
The Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, Appleton
- Winter 2012 Conference Agenda
- General Overview of LEAN, History and What is LEAN – Fox Valley Technical College, LEAN Performance Center Instructors Cindy Wetzel, Ken Schmalz, and Dean Witman
- The 5 or 6 S’s – Tim Hallock from the Department of Health and Human Services
- Value Stream Mapping & Other Tools – David Peterson, Brenda Schultz, and Patrick Johnson from Ariens
- How to Determine a LEAN Project – Walter Jankowski from Reinvention LLC
- How LEAN was Built in Brown County – Lynn VandenLangenberg
- Using LEAN Concepts to Right Size your Organization – Christine Smith from Baker Tilly and Adam Payne from Sheboygan County
2012 Fall Conference – Risk Management
Kalahari, Wisconsin Dells
- Fall 2012 Conference Agenda
- Self-Insured vs. Traditional Insurance – Ryan Smale, Doug Henderson, & John Hamer, Horton Group
- Brookwood case study 030712 – insurance – Horton Group
- CEO lead by example book – insurance – Horton Group
- CHCW screening white paper – insurance – Horton Group
- Meta evaluation – insurance – Horton Group
- Principal – the cost of doing nothing with wellness – insurance – Horton Group
- Proof screening yields roi – insurance – Horton Group
- ROI worksite wellness programs – insurance – Horton Group
- Managing Risk With/Without a Full-Time Risk Manager – Eric Veum, City of Madison
- Contractual Risk Transfer & Things to Watch For – Dennis Tweedale, LWMMI
- Cyber Liability – Are the Risks Real or Imagined? – Dennis Tweedale, LWMMI
- Cyber Liability – Are the Risks Real or Imagined – Dennis Tweedale, LWMMI
- Bond Basics 101 – Troy Carlson, WILLIS
- Workers Compensation Cost Control – Rick Kalscheuer, R&R Insurance Services
- Understanding Today’s Workforce – Rick Bayer, CVMIC
2012 Spring Conference – Cash & Investment Management
The Osthoff Resort, Elk Hart Lake
- Spring 2012 Conference Agenda
- Investment Portfolio for the New Normal – Daniele Driscoll & Kyle Jones, JP Morgan Investment Management
- Investment Portfolio for the New Normal – Daniele Driscoll & Kyle Jones, JP Morgan Investment Management
- Investment/Cash Management Recommended Practices – Understanding Your Business Account Analysis – Teresa McBride, US Bank
- Internal control – Treasury/Cash function – Carla Gogin, Baker Tilly and Lisa Remiker, City of Appleton
- Understanding Monetary Policy/Global Trade/Economic Update – Dr. James Glassman, JP Morgan Securities
- Investment/Cash management recommended practices – Jeff Carew and Sara Schnoor, PMA Financial Network
- Fraud Protection/Prevention – Joe Lamie, JP Morgan Chase
- Fraud Protection/Prevention – Tom Harkless, JP Morgan Chase
- Winter 2011 Conference Agenda
- Fraud Audits – Nancy Jones, Clifton Gunderson
- IT Assessments – Jeff Lemmermann, Clifton Gunderson
- Internal Controls – Patti McDermott, City of Madison
- GASB 54 Implementation – Heather Acker, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Accounting Policies & Audit Procedures – Panel Discussion
- Dodd-Frank Act – David Anderson, PFM Group
- Dodd-Frank Act MSRB Rule G-23 Impacts – Rebecca Speckhard, Quarles & Brady
- Blue Book GASB Issues – Stephen Gauthier, GFOA
- GFOA Best Practices – Stephen Gauthier, GFOA
2011 Fall Conference
2011 Spring Conference
- Health Insurance and Wellness Update-Rae Anne Beaudry, The Horton Group
- Employee Discipline vs Performance Plans-Brad Wirtz & Erin Stenson, City of Madison
- Performance Plan Additional Information
- The Budget Repair Bill and the New Labor Landscape for Municipalities-Andy Phillips, Phillips Borowski, S.C.
- Legislative Update – State Budget-John Reinemann, Wisconsin Counties Association
- Legislative Update – State Budget-Curt Witynski, League of Wisconsin Municipalities
- Coaching and Mentoring-UWGB Session
- Capital Improvement Plans City of Manitowoc-Tony Scherer, City of Manitowoc
- Capital Improvement Planning, Prioritizing, and Economic Impacts-Brad Viegut, Robert W. Baird & Co., Norm Cummings, Waukesha County, Tony Scherer, City of Manitowoc
- TIF Basics and Update-Christine Cramer, Ruekert & Mielke
- TIF Accounting and Financial Reporting-Tom Karman, Schenck
- Bond Basics 101-Brad Viegut, Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Bonds Ratings Process-Elizabeth Foos and Emily Robare, Moody’s Investors Service
- Finance Officer’s Role In Economic Development-Michael Daun, City of Milwaukee, Gary Schmid, City of West Allis, David MacGillivray and Joseph Murray, Springsted
- Developer Agreements Evaluating Private Sector Financial Statements-Irgens Development Partners, LLC
- Developer Agreements City of West Allis-John Stibal, City of West Allis
2010 Fall Conference
- BABs Stimulus Bonds Midwest Recovery Bonds Compliance-Dawn Gunderson, Ehlers & Associates
- Post-Issuance Compliance-Brian Lanser, Quarles and Brady
- PCI Compliance-Jeff Soukup, Trustwave
- Credit Card Processing and Fees-Brian Bert & Chris Giese, Chase
- Credit Card Merchant Statement-Brian Bert, Chase
- Credit Card Statement Fees-Brian Bert, Chase
- Grant Stimulus Audit Compliance-Renee Messing, Clifton GundersonIRS Compliance Audits Imputed Income & 1099s-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8b-IRS Compliance-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8c-IRS Health Care-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8d-Notice Affordable Care Act-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8e IRS Pub 15-B 2010-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8g-IRS Revenue Ruling 2010-23-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8h-IRS Afforable Care Act Q & A-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8i-IRS Affordable Care Tax Provisions-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- 8j-IRS Admin Proc and Misc-Ruthann Watts, IRS
- Taxability of New Health Care Reform Act-Terri Lillesand, Kimberly Houlton, David Maccoux, Schenck
2010 Joint IGFOA & WGFOA Conference
- Prioritization of Government Services-Kristy Kordus, Marathon County, Gary Olsen, Langlade County, Adam Payne Sheboygan County
- Consolidation of Government Services-Christine Smith & Dave Varana, Baker Tilly
- Cash Management in Troubled Times-Peter Pulos, Dan Nemec, Tom Harkless, Susan Floetl, JPMorgan Chase
- GASB-54 Fund Balance Reporting & Definitions-Fred Lantz, Sikich LLP
- Implementing GASB-54-Fred Lantz, Sikich LLP
- Best Practice-Unrestricted Fund Balance General Fund-Fred Lantz, Sikich LLP
2010 Spring Conference
- Electronic Payments and Controls-Pete Pulos, JP Morgan Chase
- Paperless Payroll-Jodi Rinzel, & Dean Wightman, KRONOS
- Excel Tips and Tricks-Misty Dodge, City of Oconomowoc
- Green Light on the Red Flags Rules-Tom Harkless, JP Morgan Chase
- IT Assessments, Why “Ready, Fire, Aim” Doesn’t Work-Mike Barsema & Tom Moerke, Paragon Development Systems, Inc.
- The Natural Step-TNS short version-Karl Van Lith, City of Madison
- Sustainability-TNS The Mayors Role-City of Madison-Andrew Statz, City of Madison
- Sustainable Communites-City of Madison-Jeanne Hoffman, City of Madison
- Sustainability Streets East Excel Lighting Savings-Jeanne Hoffman, City of Madison
- Sustainability Streets East, City of Madison-Jeanne Hoffman, City of Madison